Golf MK4 1.6 converted

Dippy

Golf MK4 1.6 converted

#1 Post by Dippy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi,

I have just dropped off my golf to be converted! 14th july 08

I'm having the PRINS system installed with a 60litre tank in the spare wheel bay.

I currently spend about 250 - 300 a month on petrol and get about 350 to the tank. I'm only 21 so this is a big step for me!

£1500 + VAT it has cost and has a 2 year warranty on it! is that a good price or have i been ripped off.

I found places for 1100 but i would prefer a good job 1st time and pay a bit more to have that so when for the most expensive but they were the only ones to use PRINS which i have been recommended by this site and my uncle (a taxi driver).

I have found you all very helpful and please put up with my grammer (if wrong) i have dislexia and it shows i think lol.

http://www.envirogas.net/ Thats who i am using to do my conversion.

Any comments would be nice 8)

Dippy

Re: Golf MK4 1.6 converted

#2 Post by Dippy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Hiya guys!!!

Not been on here in a while!!

Well its been over 2yrs since ive had my conversion done, i had the BRC system installed in the end and apart from the one blip of it changing over too quickley...its been PERFECT

I've had it serviced once (naughty i know :P ) but its been so good i've never needed to!!

So overall envirogas have been amazing and im so glad i had it converted :D

If anyone has doubts just look at this thread...Im 23 now and save 100's more than my friends and my family are all jealous :D

Neil

woody
Intermediate Member

#3 Post by woody » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

nice to hear of someone having a happy result out of a conversion for a change.

What made you go for BRC over Prins in the end.... just curiouse

woody

Dippy

#4 Post by Dippy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Erm dont know really they said its better for the car and they seemed nice at the time so i agreed :D

Glad i did i guess as i've had no problems

Why you ask? just beause of my previous post??

Neil

woody
Intermediate Member

#5 Post by woody » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:27 pm

No particular reason, just curiouse.

woody

billynoband
Intermediate Member

#6 Post by billynoband » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:58 am

When you have your first install it's hard because you don't know who to believe. Luckily I chose a good company Gastech but almost went with a installer who used to give generous advice on here then things went badly for him but I have noticed he is installing BRC now.
When I went down the diy route with my other car I was lucky too and chose a decent kit accidentially and converted a car which likes lpg and is simple to work on by luck. Lucky so far may it last I hope.