Lexus sc430 what to look for

lawler999

Lexus sc430 what to look for

#1 Post by lawler999 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 pm

Thinking of purchasing a Lexus sc430 , it was converted to LPG in 2013, the owner said it has been perfect and never missed a beat .
I think he said it was a king system , is there anything specific I need to look out for before purchase ?
I have give it a short test drive .
The car is a 2001 , should this have flash lube kit on it and is it a direct injection ?
I'm seriously considering the purchase but would like to check these things out first .
Thanks for all advice .

LPGC
Installer

Re: Lexus sc430 what to look for

#2 Post by LPGC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 am

it'll be normal port injection. Some of the slightly later Lexus V6's have both port and direct injection but the V8's only have port injection.
Having a King system also means that at least it does have port injection (couldn't be just direct injection) because King ECU's are all for port injection.
I'd regard this engine as borderline in terms of needing a lube, far from being the worst affected (by VSR) engine but still Japanese. I'd advise/fit a lube if I was converting it but if I was interested in buying and found it didn't have a lube but seemed OK I still might buy then fit a lube.
Full time LPG installer
Servicing / Diagnostics / Repairs to all systems / DIY conversion kits supplied with thorough tech support
Mid Yorkshire
2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

lawler999

Re: Lexus sc430 what to look for

#3 Post by lawler999 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 am

Thanks Simon , just got to come to terms with paying nearly 5000 pounds on a 18 year old car .
It is going to be my daily driver so I have got to make sure I make the right choice , you do not see many about and I like that , and it is the first time in 30 plus years that I have not had a car , decisions decisions .