pharos 890c software and cable info needed

fenair

pharos 890c software and cable info needed

#1 Post by fenair » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 pm

hi all can anyone point me in the right direction to get diagnostic / configuration software and a cable for the disasterous pharos lpg ecu please ?

regards
Pat

billynoband
Intermediate Member

Re: pharos 890c software and cable info needed

#2 Post by billynoband » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Probably telling you how to suck eggs but........
If you Google this system there is a fair bit of info but nothing regards diy use as this was mainly fitted for car makers, out of factory, as a so called "factory conversion" most recently for the Mitsubishi Outlander. The company Beacon Tech were not trading the last time they were mentioned on here.
Acording to Google they did their own conversions in Leighton Buzzard too. Perhaps the staff are working at other lpg installers in the area?
Last time the system was mentioned on here it was Recardo's Mitsubishi Outlander that was playing up so if you do a search on here you will find bit's of info.
Spares are hard to get but in reality other makers parts could be used for a good number of the components. I remember some of the guy's on here recognised some of the Pharos parts from another brand. I have never seen software or leads advertised for this system but they must exist somewhere.
What vehicle do you have and what area are you in? Good luck.
Update. http://www.f1automotive.com say on their site they fix these systems.

fenair

#3 Post by fenair » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 pm

many thanks for your reply, yes i have found the threads on here via google, but it dose not answer my questions, unfortunately.

the system is fitted to a 53 plate berlingo, all ancillary's are AG.

Basically its a poor system, i have fitted and currently run bi-gas on my 04 disco, the Bi-gas is a superb system, were as the becon pharo is very crude.

lpg will not cut in on the switch from cold (overide) it switches quite late, waits for 60 deg c but then will not hold a idle until it achieve's in excess of 80 deg c, i think it runs its own fuelling map up to 80 deg's then takes its cue from the master ecu ( car), upon restarting after a rest example a hour it try's to start immediately on gas and just wont fire, and annoyingly every time you turn the ignition key off and restart it comes on to gas even though you have over-rided the system to cancel lpg.
to top that on a mild day such as today the van had sat from 7.00 am to 2.00pm when i went to start it , it wanted to start on lpg !!! on a stone cold engine, but in the mornings i can travel 3 miles before it cuts in... bizzare....

My hope was to explore the parameters and modify properties if there were available to set the system a little different, plus i belive the system switch is wired incorrectly but with the absence of a wiring diagram i can not cross reference this theory..

I find it difficult that this is a factory fit post gate option and no one knows of any information, and considering the manufacturing range these compositions of humus were fitted to its starnge there is no one with experience....

hey ho......
just have to keep looking.....

regards
pat....

billynoband
Intermediate Member

#4 Post by billynoband » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:27 pm

The fitters on here that have discussed the pharos system all seemed to admit they had not come across the system. When it was fitted to the mitsubishi outlander even our local main dealer admitted it was troublesome as I have the petrol model which I had fitted with a brc kit. Most that went wrong under warranty had to be fitted with a different front end system and there were a lot of them apparantly.
If it is faulty your only chance seems to be F1 automotive as they say they have spares and will know the common faults on these.

rossko
Installer

#5 Post by rossko » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Pharos wasn't 'factory' fitted, it was fitted by Beacon on behalf of UK distributors.

Anyroad, if you PM your email address I can try to send you a scanned service manual, but it is 0.6Mb

I don't think the software actually allows much twiddling of parameters, were you able to find a copy.
www.blazegas.com

woody
Intermediate Member

#6 Post by woody » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:10 pm

The only spares available are injectors and vaporisers which are a supplied by Nicholson mclaren.

If the ECU is knackered, the only option is to upgrade it.

HTH Woody

loaders2

#7 Post by loaders2 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi all here is an old one pharos five pin software lead and software Hens teeth spring to mind lol my shogun sport 03 fitted from new still going 160 k and know a dealer with all the gear o do it but i like to keep up with it my self so be interesting to see what comes back thanks .Loader.