Lpg filling tank at home

tom-madbiker

Lpg filling tank at home

#1 Post by tom-madbiker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:01 am

Looking at getting a filling station at home just for personal use more because it will be more convenient than anything else does anyone know which companies do this I know Avanti don't cos that's who I'm with for my heating ATM heard maybe flogas do I was thinking of renting the equipment from the supplier as I do currently for heating

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Re: Lpg filling tank at home

#2 Post by Brian_H » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Countrywide lpg (which is now part of DCC, which own Flogas) do, but I think their break even point is 100k miles a year. Depending what your driving of course depends how much you'd use, so their calculation may be a bit off.

https://www.countrywidelpg.co.uk/autogas/autogas-faqs/ - they have some info there. Will also depend where you are to determine if they cover your area as well.

Gilbertd
Advanced Member

#3 Post by Gilbertd » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm

If you are using LPG for heating and renting a tank for that then you'd only need to specify a tank with a bottom take off and add a pump so the break even would be much lower, you'd only be looking at the price of the pump.
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

LPGC
Installer

#4 Post by LPGC » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Gilbertd wrote:If you are using LPG for heating and renting a tank for that then you'd only need to specify a tank with a bottom take off and add a pump so the break even would be much lower, you'd only be looking at the price of the pump.
Makes sense! You wouldn't want a tank for home heating and a second tank for vehicle filling.
Full time LPG installer
Servicing / Diagnostics / Repairs to all systems / DIY conversion kits supplied with thorough tech support
Mid Yorkshire
2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

DodgeRover

#5 Post by DodgeRover » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:07 pm

I asked a similar question a while ago for a property i was looking (with no existing gas supply) at as we go through between 100-300l a week.
All the main suppliers refused to supply/ install a tank for heating and autogas or any tank with a liquid tank off (ie one tank for both). None would supply a pump or meter.
Local supplier refused point blank to supply non duty paid gas if I got my own tank with a liquid take off, they would supply forklift gas though. I did take pains to say I would have a meter so i could pay the duty etc but to no avail.
They also said Flogas/ Avanti (can't remember which) had issued a notice saying the silo type autogas tanks that you see on ebay were NOT to be refilled by them (even if they had in the past) as there was an issue with their certification.

If you have a search there is a guy on the full fat range rover forum who had a rather better outcome.