Countrywide account holders take note

taid

#1 Post by taid » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:44 am

Currently my Countrywide price is 8p / litre more then I pay over the counter at my nearest Countrywide outlet .... :evil:

ben.suffolk

#2 Post by ben.suffolk » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:13 pm

It used to be the cheapest around but now I noticed my countrywide account is just below the expensive stations like shell but more expensive than ASDA and morrisons etc.

I am thinking of dropping them an email to see why.

richard_ha

Re: Countrywide account holders take note

#3 Post by richard_ha » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 pm

I've never used my Country wide account, as you say it's more expensive than every other station. I only keep it just in case I need a 24 hours station or everywhere else is out!
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

lpg-cars

#4 Post by lpg-cars » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:43 am

I've never opened a Countrywide account my self but I always suggest it to my customers if they have one in reach.

Quite often they tell me how little they are paying at Countrywide but often I have to ask the question, is that plus vat? as it seems too cheap against wholesale price. They always say it is including and I have to just shrug my shoulders.

Thursday had a customer tell me he is paying 62p. This is a lot less than wholesale from anywhere at present. Is he looking at last months price?

Do Countrywide have a single price for everyone or do they have different rates for volume customers?

Or are these people just forgetting that vat is added at the bottom of the bill?
LPG Cars Ltd
Torrington Avenue
Coventry
CV4 9AP
024 7646 1199
www.lpg-cars.co.uk

ben.suffolk

#5 Post by ben.suffolk » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:23 am

That's the ex VAT price, at least my ex VAT price is within a few pennies of that. Can't remember the exact without looking at a bill

Ben

rossko
Installer

#6 Post by rossko » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm

I believe different customers get different prices ; but I'd guess most private users are on the same rate. Different areas may implement price changes at different times.
www.blazegas.com

ben.suffolk

#7 Post by ben.suffolk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:28 pm

OK,

So looking at a bill, my country wide price is 60.8 + VAT, which is 72.96 per L.

For interest countrywide said "The price of Autogas of late has gone up considerably this has been due to problems at the refineries, unable to keep up with supply and demand and also the bad weather in December did not help. The increase in fuel duty and VAT at the beginning of January has not helped either."

They also reduced my price :)

Regards

Ben