FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

Message
Author
pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#181 Post by pjpj » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 pm

That's cheap Nath.

123-reg charge 14.99 for that spec. at only half the bandwidth.

Just reading it now, that's a good price for that size. Not so competitive for the small user though.

Regards

PJPJ

pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#182 Post by pjpj » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Charging for the membership also means you will have to go the SSL route, wouldn't it, at extra cost?

Or, is the SSL part at the banks site? Like Paypal.

Regards

PJPJ

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#183 Post by richard_ha » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 pm

pjpj wrote:Charging for the membership also means you will have to go the SSL route, wouldn't it, at extra cost?

Or, is the SSL part at the banks site? Like Paypal.

Regards

PJPJ
Yeah. I'd just use paypal to handle it all.
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#184 Post by pjpj » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Just playing with the comments section and the RSS feeds.

I like it, however, when you enter a comment for an idea, it only shows up as ' Comment By Bz.-blahblahblah'

No idea what the comment was on. Is it possible to change it so the perhaps the idea the comment was replied to is in the RSS. Otherwise it could be on any idea that you have no interest in but will only know if you click on it.

By the way, I am using Firefox with no RSS add-on that expands the description.

Regards

PJPJ

pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#185 Post by pjpj » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Richard,

Is it just me or not. I haven't been able to load your site for a couple of days now. I assumed you must have been changing your hosting site.

I am receiving the RSS updates though. Got your comment.
Regards

PJPJ



To help identify your Vauxhall LPG model, go HERE

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#186 Post by richard_ha » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 pm

pjpj wrote:Hi Richard,

Is it just me or not. I haven't been able to load your site for a couple of days now. I assumed you must have been changing your hosting site.

I am receiving the RSS updates though. Got your comment.
I've got the new host sorted, it will be at http://www.FillLPG.co.uk (all the other domains will point there once it's working)

Problem is I can't get the database off the old server to move it over to the new one until they get it up again! It's very annoying, but I suppose being free can't really complain.
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#187 Post by pjpj » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm afraid all I'm getting from that site is LOTS of messages like below.

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/60/6457460/html/ticker.php on line 5
Regards

PJPJ



To help identify your Vauxhall LPG model, go HERE

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#188 Post by richard_ha » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:07 pm

pjpj wrote:I'm afraid all I'm getting from that site is LOTS of messages like below.

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/60/6457460/html/ticker.php on line 5
Thats becuase I can't get the database from the old host until they turn it back on again.
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#189 Post by pjpj » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 pm

My mistake, you did say but I'd forgotten and didn't re-read the next day.
Regards

PJPJ



To help identify your Vauxhall LPG model, go HERE

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#190 Post by richard_ha » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 pm

FINALLY!!!

http://www.FillLPG.co.uk might even be a little faster to load now?
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

Vic2444
New member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 8:56 am

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#191 Post by Vic2444 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Just added another in Ripley Derbyshire, almost forgot them, they converted my S Type and have their own pump ........ only 58.9p too. :D

pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#192 Post by pjpj » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:36 am

Hi Richardha,

That scrolling ticker looks good but, the prices are wrong. I at first thought it was just the one site we've been having trouble with because I updated more than once on the one day but then I added a new station and that also displays the wrong price. I only entered that price once so where it took that price from I have no idea.

Existing site BP A64 Westbound Price 63.9 Ticker price 58.9 (date is correct though.)

New site Canal Road Bradford Price 60.0 Ticker price 58.9

Also, I assumed that clicking on the station name on the ticker that you would be taken to the site but it just comes up with an error~

The requested URL /index.php&page=lpg.php&focusstation=527 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I would guess this is down to the host changeover and it hasn't been updated as yet.

I added the update RSS feed to my RSS list but it has not been able to update as yet. (RSS feed failed to load) Maybe you are doing something with it?

Also, I thought we could edit station details. Did you retract that facility? I was going to add the postcode to the Canal Road site.

The site does feel more sprightly and responsive. It was a bit like wading through treacle but now feels light and airy even though the map load times don't appear to have changed.

Thanks for the continuing effort you are putting into this.
Regards

PJPJ



To help identify your Vauxhall LPG model, go HERE

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#193 Post by richard_ha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:57 pm

pjpj wrote:Hi Richardha,

That scrolling ticker looks good but, the prices are wrong. I at first thought it was just the one site we've been having trouble with because I updated more than once on the one day but then I added a new station and that also displays the wrong price. I only entered that price once so where it took that price from I have no idea.

Existing site BP A64 Westbound Price 63.9 Ticker price 58.9 (date is correct though.)

New site Canal Road Bradford Price 60.0 Ticker price 58.9

Also, I assumed that clicking on the station name on the ticker that you would be taken to the site but it just comes up with an error~

The requested URL /index.php&page=lpg.php&focusstation=527 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I would guess this is down to the host changeover and it hasn't been updated as yet.

I added the update RSS feed to my RSS list but it has not been able to update as yet. (RSS feed failed to load) Maybe you are doing something with it?

Also, I thought we could edit station details. Did you retract that facility? I was going to add the postcode to the Canal Road site.

The site does feel more sprightly and responsive. It was a bit like wading through treacle but now feels light and airy even though the map load times don't appear to have changed.

Thanks for the continuing effort you are putting into this.
I've fixed the price and link problems on the ticker.
Which RSS reader are you using? It works fine in Outlook, which is the only one I've tested it with.
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

Tornado1969
New member
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#194 Post by Tornado1969 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 pm

hi just signed up.
notice one missing in southend.
so added it.

it asks if info is correct, when i click yes i get.

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in /home/content/60/6457460/html/functions.php on line 169

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/60/6457460/html/functions.php:169) in /home/content/60/6457460/html/add3.php on line 27


cheers
cheers stuart....

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#195 Post by richard_ha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Tornado1969 wrote:hi just signed up.
notice one missing in southend.
so added it.

it asks if info is correct, when i click yes i get.

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in /home/content/60/6457460/html/functions.php on line 169

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/60/6457460/html/functions.php:169) in /home/content/60/6457460/html/add3.php on line 27


cheers
I don't seem to be able to replicate the error, it looks like the part of the code that formats the date is causing the problem, did you change the "date price was seen" from the default?
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

Tornado1969
New member
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#196 Post by Tornado1969 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 pm

no i didnt....

after checking the map i noticed 3 stations added for that road.

no details or prices.

so i removed them and il try re add the station now.
cheers stuart....

Tornado1969
New member
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#197 Post by Tornado1969 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:44 pm

ok seems to been added now.

wierd !
cheers stuart....

pjpj
Intermediate Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#198 Post by pjpj » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi,

I am using Firefox 3.6.3.

If you click on the RSS symbol on the page it takes you to the RSS sign up page where you should see the updates as well. There are none there.

The other RSS feeds for the comments all work fine.

Thanks

PJPJ
Regards

PJPJ



To help identify your Vauxhall LPG model, go HERE

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#199 Post by richard_ha » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Hmm, I'm getting the same here on Firefox, I'll look in to it, very strange because it works fine in Outlook and Google Reader.
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

richard_ha
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm
Contact:

Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk

#200 Post by richard_ha » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 pm

OK, think I've sorted it :)
http://www.FillLPG.co.uk and http://www.FillMeWithLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling Station Directory

Post Reply