local garage has dropped the price nicely

jalfrezigazee

local garage has dropped the price nicely

#1 Post by jalfrezigazee » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Living in Sussex I alwas get stuffed for the price of gas as all the garages keep it quite high. I travel the country on business and see the range of prices. My local BP is always very high but got a great surpsise today. it has been taken over by Texaco and they have dropped the price a lot. Hopefully the others in the area will follow suit and not Texaco up the price

Was expecting 56.9 as it was a couple of weeks back when i put a few litres in. Was 49.9 with a loyalty card so about 49.4 in reality :)

Gilbertd
Advanced Member

#2 Post by Gilbertd » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:58 am

They have probably dropped the price to get rid of any gas stocks before refurbishing the station to Texaco corporate style and doing away with gas completely. Other than the odd Jet station, I've not seen gas at anything other than Shell or BP stations in the UK.

My local Shell charges 54.9p per litre but a mile further away there's a Flogas depot who sell at 44p per litre. Makes quite a difference on a tankfull.

lazydocker

#3 Post by lazydocker » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Gilbertd wrote:They have probably dropped the price to get rid of any gas stocks before refurbishing the station to Texaco corporate style and doing away with gas completely. Other than the odd Jet station, I've not seen gas at anything other than Shell or BP stations in the UK.

My local Shell charges 54.9p per litre but a mile further away there's a Flogas depot who sell at 44p per litre. Makes quite a difference on a tankfull.
Texaco do LPG... There's one on the road from Dorchester to Exeter and one just the other side of the Tamar Bridge in Cornwall, right on the A38

jalfrezigazee

#4 Post by jalfrezigazee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Giilbert I suggest you drive a few more roads in the UK then, I see gas from most of the major suppliers on my travels. There are a few more Texaco about for sure, one in Swansea I know of. You will see some in very few Esso places too. They are not removing the gas system. I asked yesterday when I filled up