how far on lpg

timmyspeed80

how far on lpg

#1 Post by timmyspeed80 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:20 pm

i run a vauxhall combo 1.4i on lpg i got 250 miles to a tank full 56ltrs of lpg at 0.48p ltr is this good or bad? included in the millage i also used £15 petrol any info pleaase not very mathmatical

MarkJones
Intermediate Member

#2 Post by MarkJones » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:58 pm

thats 20 mpg on LPG

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

don't know what your talking about with the £15 petrol

unless you've used £15 petrol over several months

1.do you switch over immediately to LPG when you start.
2. if you don't ....how long does it take to change over from cold .
3. if you are using £15 of petrol to 250 miles driven on LPG ..youre in trouble .

4. 20 mpg on LPG in this cold weather ....car used for short runs is just about acceptable ...but not acceptable if you are using that much petrol to support its 20 mpg

5. on a long run without stopping that car should be capable of plus 35 mpg on LPG.

all the best.mark
Last edited by MarkJones on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkJones
Intermediate Member

#3 Post by MarkJones » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:05 pm

mates badly tuned combo ...doing 24 mpg on lpg ...with short runs ...and 1 min change over from sub-zero cold .(normaly 15 second change over)

all the best.mark

timmyspeed80

my combo

#4 Post by timmyspeed80 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 pm

im starting on petrol waiting for the car to get warm i.e warm air from the heater then switching over to lpg so roughly 2 miles per 10 mile trip then switching to lpg ,my above post was correct in the past week and a half ive put in £15 petrol and £27.62=56ltrs lpg and covered a total of 272 miles i do short trips of 10 miles to and from work 4x daily whats the outcome when should i be switching to lpg etc

MarkJones
Intermediate Member

#5 Post by MarkJones » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:21 pm

well

try this

this is what i do ...

first make sure heater is switched off ..
dial on heater set to cold ...and no heater fan going .

start car .......
force it to change over to gas as soon as you can ........

run car up to temperature whilst driving

only when the car has got to temperature ...are you allowed to switch the heater on ...

this will do a few things

....the car get up to running temperature quicker with heater off .believe it or not it will get up to temp a full mile or more earlier ..
when this happens mixture enrichment will turn off ..........works both on petrol and LPG.
this will stop you using excess petrol and LPG .

with that you should be showing less petrol usage ... (i use about £5 worth of petrol per 1200 miles)

if its still not doing over 24 mpg on gas after that you have other LPG tuning problems.

try this approach ...and come back here after a week of doing this ...and give us a report .

also the guage on your car should be in the normal area ......and should not move from it ...if it does ..then you got engine thermostat problems.
all the best.markj

timmyspeed80

update on lpg running

#6 Post by timmyspeed80 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi all in a week i got 270 miles on lpg to £27=50 litres lpg and not running on petrol or adding any problems basically starting on petrol from cold immediately switching over to lpg first thing in the morning and its cutting in a lot lot sooner just up the road in fact also i read some previous posts on here and found that removing the battery for 15 min then reconnecting the + battery lead it supposedly wipes the ecu error codes well i did it and it runs alot better since as above mentioned it roughly works out 10p a mile on lpg is that good or not bearing in mind i still got this dam misfire?:lol:

fdfdfsaas

thousands of players

#7 Post by fdfdfsaas » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:23 am

everquest 2 plat is the next generation of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online
world where thousands of players come together for adventure and