LPG switchover problem

willste01

LPG switchover problem

#1 Post by willste01 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:15 am

Hello All,

Long shot but I am at a loss with it. Took a trip to Oban with my boat with my LPG converted Chrysler and I ran out of LPG and it cut out. Half a tank of Petrol in there but it just wont switch back over to Petrol. AA dude was not able to help but checked over the engine and said there is no fault with the car itself it seems it just wont switch back over to Petrol.

Anyone any ideas what might be stopping it from doing this I have tried everything checked every fuse i can find even tried removing the ECU of the LPG in hope it would fault and go back to petrol.

If anyone has any advise or even a way to disable it completely and get it back to petrol I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,

Steve.

Gilbertd
Advanced Member

Re: LPG switchover problem

#2 Post by Gilbertd » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:35 am

What sort of LPG system? Singlepoint, multipoint? What sort of car? Modern Chrysler or old school Yank job?
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

willste01

#3 Post by willste01 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:33 am

Hello,

Thanks for the response. It is multipoint. Not sure of what kind of system I can take a pic of it when I get home if that will help.

Its an old Chrysler grand voyager.

LPGC
Installer

#4 Post by LPGC » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:31 am

Yes please, post pics.
Full time LPG installer
Servicing / Diagnostics / Repairs to all systems / DIY conversion kits supplied with thorough tech support
Mid Yorkshire
2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#5 Post by Brian_H » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:19 pm

You should find that pulling the lpg fuse from the battery feed (should be an inline fuse connector on a wire) should disable the lpg system and allow petrol operation. Pulling the ecu won't do that, as it breaks the petrol circuit completely.

Worst case to fix it where it is and get it back home on petrol, find where the petrol injector wires have been cut and joined to the lpg loom, and return them to their original connection (match the coloured wires) and leave the lpg wires disconnected.

Simon might have some other ideas once you post the pics.