Zavoli REGAL software issue

Zaphod

Zavoli REGAL software issue

#1 Post by Zaphod » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:21 pm

I have a Range Rover classic with an old Zavoli Regal ECU running the system, it looks just like a Leonardo which is what I suspect it is. I have on my discovery an allessi N system and have the lead for that, which also works on my OMVL Dream and was used on a Millenium and Leonardo in the past (with the relevant software)

I have downloaded the regal software onto a windows 7 laptop, however I find it wont talk to the regal ECU, I have a USB RS232 adaptor, the same laptop will talk to the allessi ECU using the same lead and adaptor. Is there a specific com port I have to set it up on? The zavoli software just drops out when you select English saying it cant communicate with the ECU

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

Re: Zavoli REGAL software issue

#2 Post by Brian_H » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:17 pm

You will need the right software - check your pm messages

Brian_H
Intermediate Member

#3 Post by Brian_H » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Actually found a link to it - try this

http://www.lpgkablo.com/zavoli,_lpg_AYA ... pageID=210

Gilbertd
Advanced Member

#4 Post by Gilbertd » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:25 pm

The Regal, like the OMVL Millennium and a couple of others, is a Leonardo but with different firmware which is why you must use the Regal software. However, just because the label says it's a Regal, it may have been flashed with different firmware. Mine says it's a Regal on the label but it has Leonardo firmware so will only talk to Leonardo software. The lead you have should work fine and if your USB to serial adapter works on the Allessi it doesn't sound like it's a problem with that. I have a feeling that it will need to use COM1 though.
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.