LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 am 

I am led to believe that the 'New' Euro Adapter was released into the market some time ago obviously to accommodate a 'new' LPG filler nozzle.

Can anybody add just how good or bad the conversion to the new adapter is going ?,

I am particularly interested in Spain progress as we are travelling there next month?

Knowing the Spanish I don't see them changing over for years, (manana :lol: ) but if they have converted I also will have to buy the new adapter.

Does anybody know why the change?

Thanks Mick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:54 pm 
Advanced Member

I think the change is probably an attempt to try to standardise things. At present there are 3 types of filler, the bayonet as used in the UK and Holland, the Acme thread as used in Belgium and the Italian cup used just about everywhere else. In Germany I found a couple of stations with both Italian cup and Acme threaded pumps.

Personally, I reckon it will just become a fourth standard that might be taken up in some odd places. So that will be three adapters I'll have to carry and not just the two I have in the door pocket now......

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:34 pm 

Regarding adapters for Spain.
I just came back from a road trip there (12/9/2010)
I found a few pumps with the French filler (Zaragossa and Barcelona), and one in Murcia even had the UK bayonet but it was locked, they only had working the new Euro quick release. I managed to beg adaptors by leaving my passport in the payment area and then recovering it when returning the adaptor after filling up.
I was staying in Mojacor and there is no LPG in the area, nearest was the depot in Murcia or Grenada, both over 80 miles so not worth it.
It is definitely worth taking an adaptor for the new euro filler as they are all going to that in Spain now.
I hope that helps somebody because I had never heard of that adaptor before arriving in Spain and I had tried to research which connectors I'd need.
It appears the filling depots are being persuaded to lock off their old fillers as the gas company (Repsol et al) fits a new euro filler to their newest pumps.
If anybody needs any info email me on glaughton@btopenworld.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:56 pm 
Intermediate Member

Gilbertd wrote:
Personally, I reckon it will just become a fourth standard that might be taken up in some odd places. So that will be three adapters I'll have to carry and not just the two I have in the door pocket now......

Does anyone know whether the situation is likely to change in the next few years? I simply can't imagine a sweeping change across the UK any time soon!

I'm about to fit a vapour tank to our camper van, but am in two minds what type of filler to fit. I'm all for standardisation, but not if I'm about to do the LPG equivalent of buying a Betamax VCR! A lot of the annual mileage the van does (and certainly as much filling as possible!) is in France, so I'm kind of leaning towards a fitting that Europe is likely to adopt even if the UK lags behind.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:30 pm 
Installer

I don't think anyone can predict.
For a camper van vapour tank, I thought a big Acme screw was worldwide standard? I thought the euro-wotsit would be an autogas standard?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 pm 
Intermediate Member

Thanks (just noticed your reply). Although it is a vapour take off tank I was planning on filling it with Autogas from petrol stations (simply for ease of use). In the event I've fitted the UK bayonet, as I remembered I had one spare!