LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cheap lpg!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:05 pm 

Hi all,
Cheap lpg in on Wiltshire/Hampshire border - Andover road Ludgershall 45.9p per litre!

Post subject: Re: Cheap lpg!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:27 pm 
Intermediate Member

Go and update it on filllpg.co.uk then!!

http://www.filllpg.co.uk/index.php?page=lpg.php&stationid=2197 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onthefencedevelopment.fill_lpg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:05 pm 

Brian_H wrote:

I did'nt need to as its set on the set price.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:26 pm 

witney shell shut for refurb ,coutrywide behind charging 49.33 ppl ,plus 20%vat so total 59.2 ppl........hmmmmm. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:28 pm 
Intermediate Member

Is that the cash price? I went past that way in the hire van I had on monday and noticed they were closed (the lpg hasn't been on there in over a month in the shell forecourt, or at least not every time i went past - luckly have got a countrywide account though i don't use it much, its not much cheaper on account though for me).

Went to fill up at Shell Broughton today - another flogas shell station, and the broken pump is still broken (the same one thats been leaking for ages from the filler) and the other side is out as they have run out! but its 48.9 so hardly surprising its sold out either! Got all of about 500 yards away from the forecourt before what i had in the tank ran out as well, so will have to hope they have had a delivery tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:40 pm 

That's on my new countrywide account I just signed up to this week, due to The shell shutting . Shell were selling at 48.9. Maybe to get rid of gas before refurb ?

Last edited by robertXX on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:27 pm 
Intermediate Member

They seem to have dropped the price at the flogas sites - Broughton is another of theirs, as is Leighton Buzzard, Both of which are 48.9 same as you report Witney was. The other shell at Leadenhall was 53.9, the one at Towcester was 59.9, both of those are autogas supplied.

The sites that used to be Total seem to be the Flogas ones. It makes sense that they want the tanks empty before work goes on if it involves doing anything with the tanks, though most stations don't have that much anyway (I think 6000 litres is about the max I've seen anywhere, which is far less than even the smallest petrol tanks on most, which are about 8000 going up to around 38000 litres).

Its useful as a backup (the Countrywide account) for me as their stations are some distance from me, but I travel all over the country so end up passing their stations, in a few places where there isn't any other option so its useful to have.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:37 pm 
Intermediate Member

They were working out on countrywide at around 52p a litre when i took the account out, the price went up about 2 months ago to about the same as your paying.

Its still cheaper than petrol though! If you want cheaper the BP on the Cowley road in Oxford does their accumulator scheme, current price on petrol prices is shown at 45.9 there so the highest it could be is 55.9 if the last customer had 10p off a litre. Though its not the best to get to from where you are.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:13 am 

thanks Brian ,good info. yes ,cowley rd is a pain to get to, my best bet for cheapness is the calor on the botley rd , but even that is no great shakes at 55. i think wantage is a bit less than cw .