LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rouen tunnel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:20 am 

when travelling south on the free motorway there is a tunnel on the outskirts of rouen which appears to forbid not only vehicles with dangerous loads , but vehicles running on lpg ; I am not absolutely sure if that means you cannot drive if have a vehicle carrying lpg , or drive USING lpg <BR> <BR>personally , I switch to petrol for the tunnel , as even if I didn't run on lpg I carry propane in my motorhome and lpg for this is NOT forbidden <BR>btw , I haven't noticed any signs coming in the other direction!!! <BR>is there an international sign forbidding lpg powered vehicles?

Post subject: Rouen tunnel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:42 am 

Intersting. There are no restrictions on LPG vehicles using tunnels in Australia. As nearly every taxi is fuelled by LPG, it would be a problem to ban them. <BR> <BR>Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:31 pm 

I'm planning a trip early next summer to north-east France. Are there many tunnels with restrictions on LPG vehicles (such as the Rouen tunnel) in place throughout France?
We had been thinking about the possibility of going as far as Geneva, so I'm guessing that that sort of area will have quite a few tunnels.
If there are likely to be tunnels to avoid, any ideas where I can find a list so I can plan my holiday navigating around them?

Post subject: rouen tunnel
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:47 am 

hi, just arrived back from france - used the rouen tunnel both ways - strange thing is that the signs stating 'no lpg' (if that is what they are?) are only in place travelling south, coming back (north) there are no signs whatsoever?

ps - lpg is available on both sides of the dual carriageway after the tunnel going south (0.69 l) and obviously before the tunnel going north (0.70 l).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:30 pm 

Hi,
Don't worry with "NO LPG" written everywhere in France (tunnels and parking), it was only for the old lpg système without security valve (before 2000). If you look at the pannel closer, you 'll see "sans soupapes de sécurité". Now all LPG systems got this valve. In France, LPG vehicules's sales are X 4 since a year and we are going to remove all the old "NO LPG" pannels now.

Post subject: Re: Rouen tunnel
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:58 pm 

it is true there is a sign to prohibit LPG in any form through the tunnel in Rouen but I know of people who go through it a lot

Post subject: Re: Rouen tunnel
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 pm 

Yes, it's true. I saw it this summer. My opinion : it's an old one whose never been retired. Don't be afraid with that.