LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Price of LPG in Europe.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:50 pm 

There seem to be quite a few threads on here that ask for LPG prices in different countries across Europe so I thought I'd post this link here, so they are all in one place!

Found this when looking for petrol prices in France a few years ago, but if you scroll down you'll find prices for LPG too :) Hope it's of use!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:57 pm 
Advanced Member

I'll report back next week. Setting off Thursday morning to the south of France, then on Sunday to Germany via Italy and Switzerland before heading back into France to come home. Should do it on about 12 tankfulls........

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:53 am 

12?! Wow!

What range are you getting from a tank?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:49 pm 
Advanced Member

About 180 miles with a loaded car transporter trailer on the back. The tank only takes 66 litres to fill it though. I've got a car to take from UK to the south of France and then a different one to take from there to Offenburg in Germany. I'll be empty for the Offenburg to UK leg though so will probably get 200 to the tankfull. It's a round trip of around 2,200 miles too. That is cruising at 75-80 mph though in a 4.0 litre V8 powered car, weighing 2.2 tonnes with the aerodynamics of a warehouse and a 700 kg trailer with load on the back, so not actually that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:01 pm 

Makes sense now!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 am 
Advanced Member

OK, I'm back with current prices for motorway service areas. LPG, or GPL as they like to call it, in France seems to be 0.90 Euros per litre just about everywhere. I did see one at 0.89 and another at 0.91 though so a slight variation. It's usually cheaper at the supermarkets but I didn't check this time. In Italy, the first place I stopped at (on the coast road from France to Genova) was 0.797 Euros per litre, pretty good I thought until I stopped on the Milan ring road and found it was 0.729! Switzerland appears to be an LPG free zone as I failed to find any anywhere and had to run for 30 miles on petrol to get into Germany to fill up with gas where it was 0.819 Euros per litre. Not only does Switzerland have no, or very few, LPG filling stations, they do require you to buy a motorway vignette. To spend three hours or so crossing the country involved me having to buy a vignette that is valid for 2 months. Not only that but the very attractive blonde lady at the border told me that I would need a vignette 'for ze car and von more for ze trailer'. So I now have two identical Swiss motorway vignette stickers in the windscreen of my Range Rover at a cost of 35 Euros EACH! I did consider arguing but would you argue with a woman with a Glock on her hip? I'm trying to find an excuse to go back within the next 2 months to make sure they are looking after the 1m length of motorway I've bought.......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:18 pm 
Intermediate Member

Are they actually stuck in the windscreen, or just resting there? I tend to do the latter, and then put it on eBay afterwards...

Or avoid Switzerland completely! Still, could be worse - they could have made you buy one for the car ON the trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:29 am 
Advanced Member

No, they are actually stuck to the windscreen as the aforementioned crumpet with a Glock was watching over me at the time..... Trying to sell me one for the car on the trailer too really would have been taking the p*ss but I suppose they've got to keep the value of the Swiss Franc up somehow and this is as good a way as any. It's doing way better than the Euro.