LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:29 am 

Went with Aviva for insurance this year and there was no cost for LPG and no requirement to provide certificates or anything like that.

Oh, and they were the cheapest by a mile this year!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:40 pm 

The same with Liverpool victoria
thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:37 pm 

Admiral covered me without asking for COP or LPGA certificates. Not sure if premium was higher or not.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:22 am 

I work for Arun Autogas and recently had my own car - a Honda Civic Sport - converted to LPG. When I told Aviva about the conversion they tried to charge me 4 times my current premium! Needless to say I made a complaint to the Ombudsman and Aviva have since offered me £200 compensation and a reduction in my premium to 15% less than i was originally paying on petrol. It is well worth complaining and phoning around if you feel you are not getting a good deal from your insurance company. having said that I can only think of two other customers in the last 4 years haing any problems at all with getting insurance. I guess I was just unlucky!

Repairs to all LPG systems
Workshops in Littlehampton and New Malden
CNG and diesel conversions
www.arunautogas.co.uk www.capitalautogas.com
01903 715715

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 am 

I just informed Aviva about the conversion to LPG. In the past they requested that the car be put on the LPG database, which I did, then when I called back someone else said they wanted a certificate! When I sent the invoice of the inspection and confirmation of addition on the database I was told "oh yeah, they dont do certificates anymore do they? We'll call you back and let you know how much the policy will increase by."

"WTF!" I said "If there is an increase you can say goodbye to my business"

I just got a call back confirming no increase in premium for this year. Renewal time will be interesting though......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:41 am 

Had no isses changing to the S4 with LPG last month. I do it all online tho, and you can just add LPG to the modifications part - the computer doesn't make up rules as it goes along thankfully! lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:34 pm 

d33mb33 wrote:
Admiral covered me without asking for COP or LPGA certificates. Not sure if premium was higher or not.

Admiral charged about £35 to declair my LPG system, the car is on one of their multi car policies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:37 pm 
Intermediate Member

Aviva have obviously learnt their lesson and did'nt even ask a question regards the UKLPG when we joined them with 2 lpg cars this year. £495 for both and one car is in group 15. Admiral have tried to put ours up every year for 5 years, I just go to comparison sites and get a lower quote from Admiral on there then get them to beat their own price. This year they quoted us over £1000 up from £645 last year and we have full no claims so I dumped them. Obviously don't want our business. It would be interesting to ask the owners face to face why this should be so but I bet they would be too tired to listen as they are already laying awake at night, laughing.