LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 pm 

It is time again to give my money to stealers. So first online quotations, and then calls. As Chris Knott is sponsor of this forum I rang them. To be told 3000!
Good luck then...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:37 am 

Yep - I had a similarly stupid quote and posted about it at the time. 13 yr old Jeep, I m 42, full no claims, advance driver, nice area and I think was quoted around the £700 - 800 mark.

PW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 pm 
Intermediate Member

Just to let you know, I had a modified Audi and was with Adrian Flux, I got rid of the audi and insured my Fiesta which is LPG converted and thought they may not insure it but they did, just straight policy swap and no cert needed. They said if it started for a new policy I would have paid £350 but that is unlimited mileage, as I do over 20k a year, full no claims, one speeding conviction.

So can't complain, i'd say give them a try.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:03 pm 
Advanced Member

I've used Adrian Flux in the past and never had any problems with them. They tend to be good for anything a bit out of the ordinaryand do a lot with kit cars, collectables and modified cars and treat every quote as different rather than just looking it up in the book (or the computer says....). My daughter went with them last year as her original insurer was taking the p*ss. 23 year old with a Mk1 MR2 which she has had since she was 18, her insurance quote, despite her being a year older and having an additional years no claims bonus, went up from just over £300 to nearly £600. When she asked why she was told that it was due to the number of claims in the bad weather last winter. Despite her protesting that she was not one of the claimants, was a year older, had earned a further years NCD, her car hadn't suddenly got faster and why should she subsidise those that can't drive (she's raced karts since she was 11 and her car control is phenominal)? Got nowhere so tried Adrian Flux. Better cover for £330......

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 am 

Adrian Flux give an upto 15% discount if you're a member of a car club aswell, so that's worth looking at.

Another good company for off the book cars is Sky insurance. They gave me 20% off for being a member of the AOC, didn't want any certificates or increase for LPG.

Adrian Flux quoted me £680 for a 2litre Turbo Astra, Sky quoted me £560. Which is good considering the cheapest I could find on a comparison site was £890 :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:02 pm 

They are good for my cars
one 540bhp turbo car i pay £900 fully comp i only do 3k max in it
or as long as a drive shaft lasts :lol: