LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:23 pm 

Hi to all. Can anybody point me in the right direction, I have 2 LPG powered cars and have been insured with the same company for many years with no problems, however my renewal arrived last week, I am now being told that as 1 of my cars is not on the LPG database they can no longer offer insurance for the vehicle and I need to get the car inspected by a approved installer and placed on the database. So far I have contacted 3 approved installers and been quoted between £160 and £400 all plus any extra work required to remove trim panels etc. Where did is this database come from? Why is only 1 of my cars on it? Can anybody tell me where I can get my car inspected at reasonable cost? I live in the Lincoln area.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:11 pm 
Installer

I'll repeat what I put in another thread for completeness ...

The new online UKLPG database replaces the LPGA paper certificate scheme from approved installers.
For anyone wanting to check their car,see
http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/

Many insurance companies have 'bought into' the new scheme, and will expect to see "modified" cars on the register. More insurance companies can be expected to join it in future.

If you've got an old green LPGA certificate, us installers should have forwarded a copy for input (eventually). Some will get missed - lost or installer no longer trading perhaps - but there are instructions for sending a copy in yourself.