LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 pm 

Hi Guys I recently purchased a LPG Peugeot 206cc for the MRS and the car had no actual certificate from the previous owner and the logbook only states is as petrol and not bi-fuel,

I think it is on the drivelpg database, I can see that the DVLA will want to see proof of the install but i'm just wondering will my car being on the database be sufficient?

when I input the registration I don't get a clear responce the message is as follows below

Vehicle RX04JWU, PEUGEOT, 206 CC with chassis number VF32DNFUF43652891 has been placed on the Register.
An important part of the work of UKLPG is to inspect vehicles on the Register which are selected on a random basis. If you would be willing to have your vehicle considered for inspection please click here to register your details

Please note that the registration is a result of the vehicle being inspected for basic safety and emission requirements as at the day of inspection and not as a conversion by a UKLPG Approved Autogas Installer.

This means that it does not benefit from the warranty arrangements provided by a UKLPG Approved Autogas Installer covering any running issues with the LPG system or the consumer support available from UKLPG.

This is not a certificate, the only way to authenticate the conversion is to check the UKLPG Vehicle Register at http://www.drivelpg.co.uk the independent consumer guide to lpg in the UK.

UKLPG Approved Autogas Installers operate within a Consumer Code - please ask your installer for details and these are available on the above website.

We haveno record that this vehicle has had its required service and safety check in the last two years. If documentation is not held then the vehicle should be taken to an appropriate UKLPG Approved Autogas Installer. Click here to find information on service and repair and to find your nearest installer.

Any info on this would be appreciated, many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:05 pm 
Advanced Member

It looks like it's been installed by a non-UKLPG member but checked (supposedly) by one and entered on the Register by him. You don't get a certificate these days, just an entry on the Register. Changing the fuel type on the V5 is a different thing. Of the 4 converted cars I currently own or have owned in the past, all have simply said petrol in the V5 and only 1 is on the Register. With an 04 plated car, changing it with DVLA will give you a whole tenner off the road tax and they should accept it being on the Register as proof.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 pm 

ah thank you for the response I had my suspicions thinking that might be the case! one final question is the the legality to not tell the DVLA about the car being bi-fuel could I get into any trouble?

Many thanks Seb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:14 pm 
Installer

There is a legal requirement to tell DVLA. Whether they do anything about it, or ask for further evidence you cannot provide, is their problem - once you've told them. Wise to keep a record of that.
https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-detai ... ertificate