LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Adrian Flux
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:55 pm 

Hi all.
After being initially told a UKLPG certificate was not needed as long as LPG is declared as a mod, I bought a policy and was sent paperwork saying one is needed. I have a conversion certificate and invoice from Profess, but they don't want this. I have logged a complaint with them and it will be interesting to see what they say about this. Watch this space..

Rik.

Post subject: Re: Adrian Flux
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 pm 
Installer

Flux are brokers. I would imagine the requirement varies by who's really covering it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:29 pm 

rossko wrote:
Flux are brokers. I would imagine the requirement varies by who's really covering it.

Yes, I guess that's the case. When I initially called for a quote they told me I wouldn't need a certificate as long as it's declared as a mod. I then bought the policy and was sent a modification report form along with a request for the UKLPG certificate or a signature to declare the car is on the UKLPG register. I called to query this today and was told a certificate isn't needed, only for the agent to put me on hold after asking her to double check. She then came back and said I would need the car on the UKLPG register. I feel I have done all necessary checks and I'm waiting for a manager to listen to the original calls. Had I been told this at the start then fine, I would gladly get it registered. I still am willing to get the conversion registered, but I do feel let down about being misled whether intentional or otherwise. I accept companies make mistakes from time to time and to me, the most important thing is how they deal with the issue at hand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:15 am 

Try swift cover, had no problems with mine when I bought it, says in there requirements when I transfered from another vehicle that i didn't need to inform them of the lpg conversion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:42 pm 

robbie1003 wrote:
Try swift cover, had no problems with mine when I bought it, says in there requirements when I transfered from another vehicle that i didn't need to inform them of the lpg conversion.

They won't insure me on my MG ZT 190 due to my age (26) and the type of car. I used to be with them previously when I had a Rover 416. Thanks though.

I spoke to Profess who are arranging for the car to be added to the UKLPG register. It means taking the car back to them but should hopefully avoid any further potential issues.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:40 pm 

Well the car is now on the UK LPG register so all's good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 am 

Odd I am with Adrian Flux for 4 months now - my old import Lucida Toyota diesel NOT LPG engine failed non economical to repair was scrapped I picked up the 51 plate Toyota Estima dual fuel petrol / LPG the insurance company took it straight away and I said 50 times LPG conversion and the log book says alternative fuel meaning dual fuel
I will check my policy and post back but all is sound, I found the cover good as any other and fair price

Not sure if I am allowed to say this but I check on line for best deal. I live in SW London

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:46 am 
Advanced Member

I'm in the process of putting a Maserati Biturbo Spider back on the road (MoT at 10 this morning) and need to insure it. I've got a trade policy but it doesn't cover me for performance cars so they will only cover the Masser 3rd party only. My choice was to either increase the cover on the trade policy so it did include performance cars or take out a separate Classic car insurance. I used confused.com to search for the best deal on a classic policy and got a quote for £214 a year which seems pretty good to me for what was a Group 20 car (not sure what it is on the newer system they use) with zero no claims as that is being used on the trade policy. As Adrian Flux weren't on confused and I have found them to be very good in the past (and my daughter has her MR2 insured with them too), I tried them online and they came up with a quote for £190 but by phoning them got it down to £170. Considering that it would cost me an extra £300 to extend the cover on the trade policy and that wouldn't give me agreed value either, they even told me to leave the trade policy as it is and go with AF.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:02 pm 

I have had 3 hits with Flux, not crashes. I mean car insurance, 2 Lucida and the new Estima LPG

I had my old Lucida battery failings the snow, would not start. Called the recover out 65 mins, cant moan

5 month later fuel filter blocked, can stopped. replaced that in the road i paid the parts and gave the recover guy a drink, i thing the petrol fill was just too much for the old girl

3 weeks earlier filled up with gas at a petrol station that has an attendant and unleaded my Lucida, its imported so diesel, that’s stopped it pretty quickly; no hard as its petrol to derv, but derv in petrol engine is kiss of death. Took hour to get to me in the Old Kent Road SE1 not bad, drained and i bought the fuel off the recover guy

Never trust an attendant WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK

Then the Lucida cam broke that bust her, died there and then, engine totalled at 20 MPH, poor old girl

Tow truck to Garage in Brixton, took 80 mins, not the best wait
All in all I take policy with break down I make sure it is HOME or where I say i.e. onward anywhere 24hrs a day anywhere UK mainland AND everyone in the car the same ie kids
Been pretty happy and saved few hundred first policy and so guess easy new policy the same