LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 pm 

i have few friends from lithuania who buying salvage cars,a lot of them,for parts tu russia,sometimes if they buy cars around my area they coming to visit me,and they know few my engish friends,and later one of my english friends car was damaged very little vauxhall vectra 2007,,,he get from insurance 2600 pounds car was with little milage ,he was very upset he paid for this car 5600,,,and what , one day i get the call from my friends,that they buy my english friends car from some insurance company ,an they pay 3000pounds,,,,very nice ,,,owner 2600,,,insurance company 3000,,,they send to my a copy of purhase ,i give to my friend,,he give a ring to insurance company ,and say wtf....... an they pay for him 500 on the top,,,,,,funny and sad.....insurance company kwikfit

www.devonautogas.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:31 pm 

Swiftcover insure LPG cars (professionally converted and certificated) without you having to notify them.
I currently insure 3 LPG cars with them.
End of.
Any flaming or trolling or spam will not be tolerated.
This is not b3ta.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 am 
Site Admin

herbertpug wrote:
Any flaming or trolling or spam will not be tolerated.
This is not b3ta.

take heed of your own advice, neigh on 50% of your "posts" are 1 word replies.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:11 am 

QED. There is a very good reason for that. I was describing a company and the documentation and T's & C's and some twonks kept pouring water on every post. So I decided to only deal with individuals who wanted genuine assistance.
You seem to have a lot of time on your hands spare.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 am 
Site Admin

herbertpug wrote:

me? how'd you figure that?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:46 am 
Advanced Member

herbertpug wrote:
QED. There is a very good reason for that. I was describing a company and the documentation and T's & C's and some twonks kept pouring water on every post. So I decided to only deal with individuals who wanted genuine assistance.
Seems like all of your posts have been edited some time after you originally posted so it is difficult to see what has been said in reply to your original comments. John has to have the time, he's a moderator on here and has to work his way through an awful lot of the drivel that is posted at times!

In this, and other threads on the same subject, there's a lot of misinformation and conjecture around anyway. Insurance companies are in business to make money, they are no more than bookies really, they look at the odds of a claim resulting, the cost of that claim and set the premium so that they stand a good chance of coming out on top. If there is a way of wriggling out of paying for a claim they will. An undeclared modification of any sort is the easiest way there is, they simply point you to the terms and conditions and close the book on you. There is a big difference, in their eyes, between a modification that they have been told about but has not added to the premium and the same modification that they aren't told about. It's no different to them asking for details of any convictions. We all know that a single SP30 speeding ticket is accepted as irrelevant for insurance purposes and it won't increase your premium but just because it doesn't increase the premium doesn't mean you don't have to tell them about it. If you don't tell them then you have omitted to inform them of a relevant fact.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:06 am 
Intermediate Member

when you are asked about any claims or convictions, if you have an SP30 then you don't need to tell them as it is not a conviction. there are two separate columns on your liscence, one is date of offence the other is date of conviction.
If an insurance company tries to wriggle out of paying up due to this then they will lose a court battle.
I am not saying don't tell them, that is your choice, but by not declaring an sp30, you are not telling any untruths.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:00 pm 

WRT Swiftcover and LPG, it does say that they don't need to be informed but I rang up and insisted that they recorded it on the policy to make sure there was no room to wriggle out of a potential claim. When I spoke to them they actually commented that had I not insited it was recorded they would not have provided any cover for the LPG gubbins :roll:

As for using them again... Not likely to even though I didn't have to claim. Just concerns me that they don't make any record of modifications :roll: Although it's all irrelevant now as I'm on a full trade policy with the new business venture

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:42 am 

I asked swift cover about LPG cars today;

Dear ******,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We will cover vehicles which have LPG conversions fitted as long as it is professionally converted.

In the event of a claim we will not replace the conversion

Kind Regards

Gemma Coulthard

Swift Help Team
Swiftcover.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:16 pm 

can i ask why do you tell them in the first place? all insurance companies are legalised rip off merchants so your best bet is to tell them the bare minimum...besides ive been driving 35 years and never had a claim...and if i do get a prang i just go down the scrappers and settle it in cash...no pont in dealing with con men...my dad got cut up by a lorry on an island that caused about £1000 of damage...he got nowt because the lorry driver wouldnt admit to it...so he paid it because he didnt want to lose his no claims...i'm thinking of driving without normal insurance by signing something that i'm prepared to cover all costs if i cause an accident...seems alot fairer way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:19 pm 

yellabowley wrote:
Just echoing previous comments really. The insurers need to know everything.

Worst case scenario if you have a bump and they decide to inspect your car and find undeclared mods they could look to report you for fraud. It was previously an offence of obtaining a pecuniary advantage but now comes under the fraud act. You have failed to declare a material fact in order to obtain something cheaper than it should be.

That is rare in my experience, however what they will try and do is say that as you've not declared mods they'll insure you for the bump but only third party so if it's a write off you'll lose your car without recompense.

I'm with Equity Red Star through Adrian Flux as a broker. I rang them to declare that I'd had the conversion done and they said they'd noted it but it made no difference price wise. Give them a try if your quotes from elsewhere are a but daft.

eh mate..they dont need to know everything..trust me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:23 pm 

and if you want dead cheap insurance then get a car 12 years old or more and put it on classic insurance...there is always a way to beat these rip off merchants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 pm 
Intermediate Member

gasbo wrote:
can i ask why do you tell them in the first place?

Because it's the law. If you don't tell them that that is FRAUD which is two problems :
1) It's a criminal offence
2) It means you are not insured, which will be very expensive if you are involved in any incident. Don't forget that you don't need to actually have an accident, only have someone claim you have. You are not insured because when you entered into the contract, you failed to disclose a material fact - therefore the other party is entitled to nullify the fraudulent contract.

Quote:
i'm thinking of driving without normal insurance by signing something that i'm prepared to cover all costs if i cause an accident...seems alot fairer way

Got a spare 1/4 million you can live without ? Get involved with something bad and you could find yourself on the receiving end on awards going up to that sort of value - it may be very rare but it could just be you. Even a minor bump with no damage could land you with a £20k claim - four people in a car, all claim for whiplash, £5k each.

But what you are describing is self insuring. Large businesses (such as the Post Office) tend to do it as it's cheaper with such a large fleet to handle it yourself. You need to post a bond with the government (it used to be only £15k, but went up considerably some years ago) - and be prepared to meet any payouts (of any size) that may be awarded against you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 am 

against the law? why should say having a lpg conversion cost you more...they write the law just to extract more money from you..the courts are a masonic racket besides i follow common law has stated in the magna carta...youve committed no crime if you ve caused no harm,loss or injury to anyone...ive faith in my driving ability that i'll go another 35 years without an accident..i'm certainly not paying more than £200 for my insurance...if i could get away without paying i would.

Regards the whiplash cases...just goes to show how corrupt the insurance companies are when they let certain people in this country fleece our pockets with false claims...i would send these lieing scumbags back to their country of origin .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:19 am 
Advanced Member

SimonHobson wrote:
But what you are describing is self insuring. Large businesses (such as the Post Office) tend to do it as it's cheaper with such a large fleet to handle it yourself. You need to post a bond with the government (it used to be only £15k, but went up considerably some years ago)
It did, to £5 million......
gasbo wrote:
against the law? why should say having a lpg conversion cost you more
The same reason as any other modification costs you more. When they set the premium they take into account numerous factors, cost of replacing the vehicle (so if somebody else hits your car they can replace it with one just the same as the one you've lost and not a completely standard one), likelihood of it being stolen, likelihood of it being involved in an accident (going on vehicle type, driver age and experience, area where you live, etc) cost of parts when it needs repairing, etc. Ignore anything that is going to affect that and your insurance is invalid.
gasbo wrote:
ive faith in my driving ability that i'll go another 35 years without an accident
and I would bet a years insurance premium that that won't happen. With such an arrogant attitude I can guarantee that you will. I just hope it isn't me you hit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:30 am 
Intermediate Member

Oh dear, best put your tinfoil hat back on, the mind control rays are clearly getting to you :lol:

The insurance companies didn't write the law, though they are far from blameless in letting the various scams (whiplash, car hire, etc) get out of hand. And as I said, it matter not the slightest how good your driving is if someone else drives into you.

Here's a scenario - you are in a queue of traffic waiting at traffic lights, and someone runs into the back of you shunting you into the car in front. The owner/driver/occupants of the car in front claim against YOU - so there's your £20k claim for whiplash plus courtesy car hire pus cost of repairs or write off. Naff all you can do about it, it wasn't your fault, but now your car gets looked over.
"Oh dear, this car isn't the one you told us you wanted insuring" will be the jist of what the insurance company will tell you.
So now you will have to foot the bill - or rather the insurance company will still pay out (they are legally obliged to I believe) and then come back to your to repay them. Like I say, hope you've got a good nest egg put aside to meet any claims.
But Plod will also take an interest, and on top of anything else, you are now facing a criminal conviction for driving without insurance.

OK, so you say you'll never stop that close, so you won't get shunted into the next car. Car driver behind claims on his insurance, a whole raft of stuff then swings into action and most likely his insurer will want to look at your car - unless of course you decide not to pursue the other party for stuffing the back end of your car in. Same result.

Or how about a pedestrian just jumps out in front of you - it happens. You prove it was his fault - hard to do unless you have a video camera running at the time. Even if you do, various people will have been looking at your car (plod will be particularly keen to see if it was roadworthy at the time).

Just remember, it's not the vehicle damage that costs - it's the personal injury awards. Cripple someone (as does happen, sadly) and you could be facing an award into millions for lifetime care and loss of earnings for that person.

In all these cases, and more. If it's spotted that what you have insured isn't what you are driving then your insurance in void. You've lied in order to get that contract, and the other party is not bound by it. So the only safe way is to tell the insurance company everything - if they want to be silly about it (as some do) then switch companies. All insurers have a certain target market in mind. For many of them that means steering clear of modifications - even if because they are too damn ignorant to tell the difference between something benign like a gas conversion and something that vastly increases risk such as some boy racer converting their hatchback with 3 times the power and no handling, brakes, or driving ability to go with it.

I don't care if you agree with that or not - from your attitude I assume you don't. But that is the law, if you don't like it, take it up with your MP.
Speaking personally, it's complete sh*t for brains people like you that are the reason we have mandatory third party insurance for cars. Way back when cars were still a novelty for the rich, there were already cases where drivers/owners couldn't meet the cost of damages awards - so it was made a legal requirement to have proper insurance (or to post a bond of what was back then a lot of dosh before you could self insure).
It's clear from the efforts that have to be taken to catch the criminals that a great many people would join you in the "will never happen to me" brigade and not bother with insurance. A lot don't anyway, and it's thanks to them that we have other laws that make life inconvenient (eg having to produce documents to get a new number plate) for the majority of us who are law abiding.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:34 am 
Intermediate Member

Gilbertd wrote:
gasbo wrote:
ive faith in my driving ability that i'll go another 35 years without an accident
and I would bet a years insurance premium that that won't happen. With such an arrogant attitude I can guarantee that you will. I just hope it isn't me you hit.

Bet he won't come back and collect it when he does have a prang :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 am 

gasbo wrote:
against the law? why should say having a lpg conversion cost you more...they write the law just to extract more money from you..the courts are a masonic racket besides i follow common law has stated in the magna carta...youve committed no crime if you ve caused no harm,loss or injury to anyone...ive faith in my driving ability that i'll go another 35 years without an accident..i'm certainly not paying more than £200 for my insurance...if i could get away without paying i would.

Regards the whiplash cases...just goes to show how corrupt the insurance companies are when they let certain people in this country fleece our pockets with false claims...i would send these lieing scumbags back to their country of origin .

Generally, saying you have an lpg conversion wont cost you more and if it does then simply move on to another insurance company, but alot of insurance companies do require a certificate to prove that its safe and if you dont tell them and have an accident they aint gonna pay out and with regards to you having faith with your driving ability !! phttt how many times have we all heard that before ?? Im a reasonably good driver, not the best probably by a long way but quite good, been driving for years but I certainly dont go around thinking im invincible behind the wheel, came close to a crunch the otherday, I pulled up to drive out of the estate onto the main road, everything was clear, left right left right but as I pulled out to turn left there was a Jag on my side of the road which appeared from nowhere coming towards me (the junction is slightly blind) flying, overtaking a bunch of grouped cyclists filling the left side of the carriageway and he had no cares in the world that he was steaming past a t junction, im like anchors on and heart pounding like mad and spent the next couple days thinking about it, how there wasnt any contact ill never know, and if there was ... would have been a real mess, would have been a minefield of who's fault was it, the bikers ?? the jag ?? or me pulling out into an overtaking Jag speeding. I do my best to ensure my driving is safe and hope that if im in an accident it wont be caused because of me driving poorly but driving has changed so much nowadays, the principle is the same but the techniques are so different, most drivers dont even stop at junctions or roundabouts now, they will pull out virtually under your bumper and that has now become the norm, so if you and everyone else can survive another 35 years without an accident then brilliant, but dont be surprised if you dont.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:59 am 
Advanced Member

Simon, glad you're of the same opinion as me, when not if.

The scenario you describe is exactly what happened to me a few years ago. The car behind me was shunted by a truck pushing it into me and I was pushed into the car in front. So that was 3 cars and a truck that were involved. The car at the front was hit from behind by me so claimed off my insurance, I was hit from behind by another car so the cost of my damage, in addition to the claim from the driver in front, was claimed from them, who in turn passed on both of these claims, as well as their claim, to the insurers of the truck. Had any one in this chain been uninsured, they'd have been stuffed as well as done for no insurance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 am 

simon...sure you havent got a vested interest in insurance? one thing ive found out is nearly all forums are infiltrated by the politically correct control brigade...even the david icke forum :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next