LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:32 pm 

Hello looking at converting my x5 4.4 v8 engine this will be my third conversion now. Just after some advice I would like to drill the manifold for the lpg Injectors without removing it from the engine is this possible on this engine has anyone done it thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 am 
Installer

Your supplier should be at hand to give you tech support? I sell DIY kits with very thorough tech support included, I even do the calibration and documentation. Have drilled hundreds of BMW 4.4 V8 manifolds.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:31 pm 

LPGC wrote:
Your supplier should be at hand to give you tech support? I sell DIY kits with very thorough tech support included, I even do the calibration and documentation. Have drilled hundreds of BMW 4.4 V8 manifolds.

Simon

I defer to Simon's advice here, but in my opinion you do need to remove the intake manifold to locate injector spuds as close to the original petrol injector nozzles as possible. Here's the locations on my 740i:

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:58 pm 

kayble wrote:
LPGC wrote:

Simon

I defer to Simon's advice here, but in my opinion you do need to remove the intake manifold to locate injector spuds as close to the original petrol injector nozzles as possible. Here's the locations on my 740i:

Thanks for the pic and advice I was currently looking at a second hand prins kit but iv not used this brand before it seems to have a metal ecu and a black plastic ecu could anyone update me on why tis system would have 2 thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:35 pm 
Intermediate Member

ln69bt wrote:
Thanks for the pic and advice I was currently looking at a second hand prins kit but iv not used this brand before it seems to have a metal ecu and a black plastic ecu could anyone update me on why tis system would have 2 thanks

One will be an earlier system than the other most likely.

It may be that the metal casing is used as a heatsink to keep the ecu cooler.

Unless its very cheap second hand kit can end up costing you more in the long run, have you checked you can get hold of the software/lead for the Prins system in question.

Also note there is Prins and Prinz - they are not the same thing or even the same company.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:32 am 
Installer

ln69bt wrote:
Big metal one will be the Prins ECU, little plastic one an injector emulator or rpm filter. Probably wouldn't need the rpm filter, If it has an injector emulator box at all might expect it to have 2 injector emulators to suit a V8.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 pm 
Intermediate Member

LPGC wrote:
ln69bt wrote:
Big metal one will be the Prins ECU, little plastic one an injector emulator or rpm filter. Probably wouldn't need the rpm filter, If it has an injector emulator box at all might expect it to have 2 injector emulators to suit a V8.

Simon

Ah I get what he was actually asking now! Thought he was looking at a few different listings for second hand kits not multiple bits in the same listing.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:45 pm 

Thanks for the Info I today ended up getting a dream system for 90 pounds 8 blue omvl injectors removed myself so got everything couple of things I need advice on please

Where best on the 4.4 x4 e53 to get the injector wiring before on other cars iv cut at the injector plug is it the same for the x5. Also when removing the kit I noticed the GAS temp sensor long threaded brass bit was just loose and not attached to anything I also cannot see anywhere to it to go on the injector rails also any advice on other butts on the x5 best place for water tap in ect would all be helpful thank you in advance