LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Leaky T connector?
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:55 pm 

You'd probably do better posting up your current calibration and adjusting it to suit, rather than doing a auto calibration. You should be able to save your existing config anyway (would be a very sensible idea before trying to alter anything!).

I'd wonder if you have a bad connection somewhere thats been shaken if all the injectors are showing a fault - the battery feed to the lpg being the likely one i can think of that might effect all of them, though it could be a sign the injectors are getting on a bit and throwing random errors.

I don't know the King ecu but some will give you a time the error occurred - are these all logged at the same time or different? (its done in hours since on the ECU I've seen it on rather than an actual time, but should give you an idea if they are all happening at the same time)

I would assume with the injector change that you had the same injectors before though?[/quote]

Yes, I changed with identical injectors to ensure there were no issues ;-)
If it was a connection problem, then I would expect it to happen more often, during day to day driving. Strange how it only shows on long journeys, the first blip after around 100 miles or so, and then several times over the next 200 miles of journey. I will have to wait for my next long journey to see what happens...

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:33 pm 
Intermediate Member

colin33 wrote:
You'd probably do better posting up your current calibration and adjusting it to suit, rather than doing a auto calibration. You should be able to save your existing config anyway (would be a very sensible idea before trying to alter anything!).

I'd wonder if you have a bad connection somewhere thats been shaken if all the injectors are showing a fault - the battery feed to the lpg being the likely one i can think of that might effect all of them, though it could be a sign the injectors are getting on a bit and throwing random errors.

I don't know the King ecu but some will give you a time the error occurred - are these all logged at the same time or different? (its done in hours since on the ECU I've seen it on rather than an actual time, but should give you an idea if they are all happening at the same time)

I would assume with the injector change that you had the same injectors before though?

Yes, I changed with identical injectors to ensure there were no issues ;-)
If it was a connection problem, then I would expect it to happen more often, during day to day driving. Strange how it only shows on long journeys, the first blip after around 100 miles or so, and then several times over the next 200 miles of journey. I will have to wait for my next long journey to see what happens...[/quote]

Maybe, but if its heat soaking something causing it to happen it may take a while for the component involved to get hot enough to matter.

Like you say its a case of wait and see what happens on your next long drive

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:26 pm 

At the moment I have a lead which plugs my AEB system on my Vectra into my Windows XP laptop.

For some reason, when I converted my Bongo (same AEB ECU) this lead would not connect, so I had to buy a new lead and use my Windows 10 laptop.

I'd like to have just one lead and laptop for both vehicles but for some reason the Bongo lead and win 10 laptop won't connect to the Vectra.

Anyone know why this may be, and how I can get it to work on both? :?: :?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:56 pm 
Intermediate Member

colin33 wrote:
At the moment I have a lead which plugs my AEB system on my Vectra into my Windows XP laptop.

For some reason, when I converted my Bongo (same AEB ECU) this lead would not connect, so I had to buy a new lead and use my Windows 10 laptop.

I'd like to have just one lead and laptop for both vehicles but for some reason the Bongo lead and win 10 laptop won't connect to the Vectra.

Anyone know why this may be, and how I can get it to work on both? :?: :?

If they are both King ECUs then the likely difference would be the firmware loaded on them. Some versions of the software for some systems will only connect to matching versions of the firmware.

Are you using the same Version of King software in both setups?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:37 pm 

I haven't checked if both are the same, they look similar but there may be some subtle difference. So would the answer be to update the firmware on the older ECU, which presumable I'd have to do via the older lead which connects to it?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:43 pm 
Installer

Which AEB system is on the Vectra?
What is the spec of the lead that works on the Vectra?
Perhaps drivers for your old lead are the issue for W10 and vice/versa?
Unlikely firmware is the issue.

First pull the fuse on the King and try again after re-inserting it.
It is true that some leads that were compatible with older AEB systems don't work reliably with newer AEB systems, but some AEB systems like Tartarini have a different pinout on Molex connectors, usually AEB are all the same pinout if they use the Supaseal connector.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:27 pm 

LPGC wrote:
Which AEB system is on the Vectra?
What is the spec of the lead that works on the Vectra?
Perhaps drivers for your old lead are the issue for W10 and vice/versa?
Unlikely firmware is the issue.

First pull the fuse on the King and try again after re-inserting it.
It is true that some leads that were compatible with older AEB systems don't work reliably with newer AEB systems, but some AEB systems like Tartarini have a different pinout on Molex connectors, usually AEB are all the same pinout if they use the Supaseal connector.

Simon

The system is AEB King on both vehicles, with the supaseal connector.
The Vectra uses a 'motogas' lead (which I had to reverse two of the pins to get it to work originally) and the Bongo uses the lead as sold by Tinleytech.
Not sure its a driver issue because the Bongo lead and windows 10 laptop work fine together on the Bongo, so should work together on the Vectra surely?
And vise versa :-)
Could it be that I need to update the firmware on the Vectra to suit the new lead?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:37 pm 

On the older system (vectra) the King software on the XP laptop is version 6.0.6.324 IC and the ECU is firmware version 4.00

On the newer (Bongo) the King software on the win10 laptop is 6.1.3.528 IC and the ECU is firmware version 11.52

If I update the firmware on the Vectra ECU then I assume I'll then have a better chance of being able to plug it into the win10 laptop I use for the Bongo. Can anyone tell me how this is done please?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:04 pm 
Intermediate Member

colin33 wrote:
On the older system (vectra) the King software on the XP laptop is version 6.0.6.324 IC and the ECU is firmware version 4.00

On the newer (Bongo) the King software on the win10 laptop is 6.1.3.528 IC and the ECU is firmware version 11.52

If I update the firmware on the Vectra ECU then I assume I'll then have a better chance of being able to plug it into the win10 laptop I use for the Bongo. Can anyone tell me how this is done please?

You need to confirm which ECU it is before even considering that - given you had to swap the pins it may just not be possible. The alternative would be to consider swapping the pins on the connector on the old system so they are both the same way around - though if that works you might get away with the same laptop with both sets of drivers installed and just use the appropriate lead.

If your not sure on the ECU post up some photos of the two ECUs showing whatever labels are on them, that should provide enough info for Simon or others to advise what the cause might be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:35 pm 

You need to confirm which ECU it is before even considering that - given you had to swap the pins it may just not be possible. The alternative would be to consider swapping the pins on the connector on the old system so they are both the same way around - though if that works you might get away with the same laptop with both sets of drivers installed and just use the appropriate lead.

If your not sure on the ECU post up some photos of the two ECUs showing whatever labels are on them, that should provide enough info for Simon or others to advise what the cause might be.[/quote]

Hi Brian, I tried swopping the pins back but still didn't work. I'm pretty sure the ECU's are the same, only 4 years between purchase so I think it's just different firmware..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:49 pm 
Intermediate Member

colin33 wrote:

If your not sure on the ECU post up some photos of the two ECUs showing whatever labels are on them, that should provide enough info for Simon or others to advise what the cause might be.

Hi Brian, I tried swopping the pins back but still didn't work. I'm pretty sure the ECU's are the same, only 4 years between purchase so I think it's just different firmware..[/quote]

Hopefully Simon can advise - upgrading the firmware should be possible with what you already have in the software, its something to be approached with caution though, as you can end up bricking it if it goes wrong/you do something wrong in the process which can render the ecu useless if your particularly unlucky.

I don't know what your doing wrong on the quote function - it should just pick it up correctly by clicking the quote button, but looks like your removing the bit in the first set of brackets?

To confirm you swapped the pins back and then tried the same lead on the other system to what it usually works on with the same laptop??