All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Emer softwear
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:32 am 

moved slider full right.
reset map.
recalibrated

map looks a bit better and car is running well
running a bit rich though so I dropped the slider back a few places

yes. petrol only ran dry due to the gauge braking. pump has also been replaced since for a better one

pics to follow

Post subject: Emer softwear
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:30 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:08 pm 
Installer

Don't use the slider to attempt leaning the mixture, instead adjust the numbers in the map at the load/rpm points where it runs rich.
Then, ONLY IF when you blip the throttle (blip in neutral because that's where the engine will accelerate quickest, from a settled idle) there is some hesitation move the slider to the left a little and see if there is any improvement... With correct numbers in the map the slider is usually best left full right in default position.

Looks like you could do with cranking pressure up to 1.7 if possible (what reducer do you have?), or a step up in nozzle size along with maybe a bit less pressure, but before doing that see what numbers in the map give correct fuelling.

If you're still going to change map references to reach 25ms, bare in mind when you change them the numbers in cells stay in the same position.. so your map would become wrong unless you note numbers in cells and re-enter them in correct positions. Best to keep the reference points as they are up to at least 6ms (I'd leave them up to 8 or 10ms) because this is the point where the map curve is most pronounced (you need those fiddle factors), would space reference points to 25ms only after maybe 10ms where a graph of multiplier would be flatter.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:15 pm 

Ok. That all makes sense. I'm postponing all tuning though untill the rpm detection is fixed. I need to determine where it's connected. It's currently set to standard. Can't hurt to try it on weak?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:17 pm 

Also I pointed a mate in your direction. Another impreza running circa 300bhp

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:44 pm 
Installer

A lot of problems seem to arise when rpm doesn't read correctly with this type of ECU... What's happening regards rpm now?

Thanks for pointing your mate my way!

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:05 pm 

it only made sense really

he had a similar setup before but wasn't mapped right so who better to recommend than someone helping me do mine atm who clearly knows there stuff

if I ever have another LPG system it will be a part DIY kit from you with you validating the install and tuning without a doubt

back to the current car
its getting its RPM from the injector values, which means its ether not interpreting the values correctly. or the main ECU is cutting the injectors

neather are good lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:56 pm 
Installer

Cheers!

The petrol ECU will cut petrol injection on over-run etc, so if you're getting rpm from injectors it will read incorrectly on over-run.. But I take it you know that and rpm is reading incorrectly at other times too... Can you explain what's happening with rpm?

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:12 pm 

well when I logged it with the scope it showed a couple low down dips. but as you say that could just be the short overrun between gears

the issue iv had since I got the car is that sometimes on full boost it will get to 5.5k and its like hitting a brick wall for a second. almost always between 5.5k and 6k

I think the first step is to connect the brown wire up. the coil packs are very close so its a no brainer really

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 pm 

it seems almost certain that the drop in RPM is linked to the "brick wall"

what I cant tell though is what the car ECU is doing. I cant read the injection times on the OBD reader.
I have a much more expensive tool for remapping the car. ill see if I can set that up and log the RPM vs Ijector times

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:46 pm 
Installer

Brick wall could be due to misfiring due to incorrect mixture. Expect weird readings with a misfire...

You can't see injection duration on OBD (you can on LPG screen) but you can see fuel trims (when closed loop) and lambda readings.

What happens with gas pressure when you boot it below 5500rpm / above 5500rpm?

If remapped for more power, do petrol injectors open full duration (full duty cycle)? This would be a problem for reading rpm via injectors (noted you'll be connecting rpm wire though). Even with rpm wire connected, full petrol injector duration can be a problem.

What is drive-ability like and what readings do you get for injector durations (petrol and gas) at full throttle below 5500rpm (say 4500rpm) ?

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:11 pm 

so im back again after a fair while off this task. iv been a bit pre occupied with various other things and mostly forgoten about the issues i was having. i supposed i just learned to live with them

since then the car is now running 310bhp and mostly on petrol due to lack of availability
but a recent trip away and my mrs complaining about the smoothness made me come back to address this
as well as having to re program it after the remap

i compleatly gave up finding the brown wire until it showed up one day when i was redoing the broken flashlube wiring

the car has been running OK on gas but the hesitation at low RPM continues

today i connected the brown wire! to the RPM wire in the back of the speedo

2 things im having issue with now?
iv set it to 1 coil , rpm sensor 1 and rpm sensor 2 and it seems to all be roughly the same! both standard and weak

the other is auto calibrate
it just sits there and says "stabilise on idle and wait"

iv been trying out slightly different EMER soft wears as im convinced this used to work
but iv not found one that worked yet!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:13 pm 
Installer

Just a flying visit, I haven't recapped on the rest of the thread but this'll address your last post.

After changing the rpm settings it can be necessary to turn the ignition off and on again and/or exit the LPG software and go back in again.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm 

LPGC wrote:
Just a flying visit, I haven't recapped on the rest of the thread but this'll address your last post.

After changing the rpm settings it can be necessary to turn the ignition off and on again and/or exit the LPG software and go back in again.

Simon

Right ok. The computor did show the waiting simbol for around 1 second when I changed the settings and then there was a noticeable drop in rpm as it changed over. So I feel like it did apply the change but I'll have a go tomorrow with that. What should it be? It's connected to the rpm wire in the Speedo.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:28 pm 
Installer

Would have thought if you'd connected it to the rpm wire in the speedo it should be rpm1 and possibly weak. That's if it will really work when attached to the speedo rpm wire in any case since - ahh it more than likely will do, I've just answered a lengthy email about X5 V8s and have that vehicle in mind (which runs canbus for most stuff), still haven't re-read what car you have.

Still, if I were to connect the rpm wire I'd have connected it to a coil trigger wire.

The revs fall and you get wait symbol because you did write the change and the change causes a switchback to petrol... But that doesn't effect anything I said, that's still correct.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:45 pm 

your right. i left it on 1 coil and it runs like a bag off shit now. ill change back to rpm1 in the morning and report back

how do i know if it worked? will it still detect off the injectors if its not working or would it stop

04 impreza so nothing annoyingly new

i did think about using the coil but i had a suspicion they turn off on overrun
as my problems around where it transitions from overrun to acceleration i thought it might not be wise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 pm 
Installer

If you are able to change the rpm detection settings at all you must have unticked the rpm wire setting and what's supposed to happen is that when that setting is unticked rpm detection is handled solely from the pulses on the brown wire... But that's only what's supposed to happen..

A thing that can mess up rpm detection and/or fuelling at high loads on chipped turbo'd cars is if the petrol injectors are open full duration (not closing)... you can see the implications of that if the rpm wire isn't connected (no pulse detection so the system doesn't see the engine as still running), but I doubt this is the case even if your car is highly modded and chipped.

The numbers in your map don't change much for rpm. So in theory even if rpm detection reflects incorrect rpm, if the system works truly sequentially (waits for pet inj pulse before pulsing lpg inj's) the rpm reading shouldn't make much difference as long as it doesn't go to zero or some silly off scale figure like 10000rpm. The theory only holds true if the system is truly sequential off course.. and as long as other aspects such as extra injection filtering are working properly..

You won't be the first or last person to see the rpm value drop out on a certain type of ECU but I won't go into that right now. What I suggest as a next step is to drive the car on petrol in conditions where you usually 'hit the brick wall' while monitoring the rpm reading, the pinj readings and the 4 indicators on screen next to the fuel switch graphic. If any indicator lights up, try adjusting the extra injection ID time down to 0.2ms and/or disabling extra injection filtering/cutting altogether, also try adjusting the rpm settings (they can seem to have an effect even when the rpm wire connected box is unticked, of course you'll have to tick the rpm wire box before you can change those settings, untick it again afterwards if you disconnect the rpm wire).

Coils don't turn off on over-run.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,