LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:22 am 

I found this in another forum:

For vehicles with a AEB295 LPG computer and similar AEB units.....
1. Warm up engine on petrol and turn off engine while still on petrol.
2. Disconnect LPG power connections from the battery terminals for 5-10 minutes.
3. Reconnect LPG power terminals to battery and start car on petrol.
4. Hold RPM at half of redline for 30 seconds. ie, if your engine redlines at 6000rpm, hold it at 3000 RPM for 30 seconds.
5. After 30 seconds while holding the engine speed at half of redline, switch fuel over to LPG, once switched to LPG and running smoothly let go of the accelerator and allow the engine to slow right down to idle for a few seconds.
6. Hold revs again at half of redline for 15 seconds while on LPG.
7. Drive vehicle for 10 minutes at various throttle positions for the LPG Computer to learn.

Is this so? Where does the half of redline come from? With most ECUs, I thought the initial training included idling the engine with aircon off and on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:48 am 
Advanced Member

As far as I can make out, the AEB295 is the rebadged Australian market AEB175 Leonardo so I've no idea what whoever came up with that process thinks they are trying to do. Disconnecting the power does nothing, I've got a Leo that hadn't been powered for over a year and it still had all settings saved. To reset, you connect your computer, run the software and click the reset button. The training is happening all the time and adjusts the default actuator opening unless the default lock box in the software has been ticked, in which case the only way to start the training again is to untick the box.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:57 pm 
Installer

Agreed with Gilbert.

They can lose memory when they get old and battery is disconnected, can also 'crash'. In either of those cases they must usually be re-programmed from scratch as they lose all settings including number of engine cylinders etc.

Aircon on isn't usually used as a calibration point as on most vehicles the compressor engages and disengages sporadically, while a constant load is generally needed for calibration.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon