LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 am 
Hi there,

Although there is a waning interest in LPG in Canada, it is still mildly popular in our Western Provinces. www.propaneguy.com is a useful site for people in North America.

In Halifax, Canada, I have a 1976 Ford F250 4x4 pickup truck, weighing about 2500 kg. It is powered by a 4.9L Inline Six cylinder engine (300 CI) in a carbureted setup, with carburetor intake manifold, and no CPU or sensors at all.

The mixer/carburetor is an OHG X450, and it is using an X1 Regulator/Vaporizer.

I am always looking to increase performance, and fuel economy.

Current Data:

Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Horsepower: 150
Tourque: 250
Fuel Economy: 4km/l or 25l/100km / 12 mpg

Currently, My intake system is a bottle -neck, due to restrictive intake manifold. The OHG Mixer/Carb will actually flow up to 450 CFM, so once I install a modified or aftermarket intake, things should improve. There are other intake/ exhaust / cylinder head modifications I intend upon, but will take some time.

I also have a profile under the same name on www.fordsix.com for anyone interested in knowing more.

I'm also considering options such as a wideband 02 sensor with aftermarket controller, and possibly a BLOS system, although I believe my OHG with a variable venturi size is just as good or better, as there seems to be less moving parts.

Thanks for a great site, look forward to participating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:06 pm 

I've used the OHG 450 mixer before with good results but prefer impco kit. Roy at propaneguy.com is a great source of knowledge for anyone looking to convert larger engines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:38 pm 
Apparently Roy is out of business; honouring warranties until late 2009. His url links to propaneguy@hotmail.com.

What was your application and models used, Jayc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:56 pm 

Shame to hear about Roy. He was a top bloke and certainly knew his way round an engine.

I fitted an OHG 450 to a 350 chevy with TBI but removed in in favour of an impco 300a for dual fuel purposes.

Then put the 450 on a ford 351w. Fould it as good as an impco 425 really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:43 am 
I would very much like to find a 6 cylinder dual curve ignition module; not easy to track down at this point. I'd love to run dual fuel.