LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:19 pm 

Hi All,

Just joined the forum, some good info on here. I have recently had my Seat Toledo 1.8T sport converted. Very pleased with the overall performance of the system. Not sure which one (cant remember) it is, but managed a 65L tank in the spare wheel well. The only issue I have at the minute is my Petrol injectors maxxing out under full accell at high RPMS. The gas just switches back over. Just waiting on a bigger set. I have the car chipped with a new downpipe etc, so think that's the reason. My mate had the same problem. my mate got me into the LPG thing and runs a highly tuned 2.2Turbo Audi S6 on LPG. It's really is impressive. My brother has a 4.2 V8 S6 and it can pulll 110mph to a point in the road, the mates S6 on LPG pulls 125mph. He runs two GOLD vaporisers in series for the fueling, the car is about 450bhp!!!

I am going to get my car dyno'd on both LPG and Petrol, just for interest.

Is there anyone else on here from N Ireland? Our LPG prices seem to be very high, I filled up at 53.9 at the start of the week.

Cheers

Ivan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:31 pm 

BYD1380 wrote:
Our LPG prices seem to be very high, I filled up at 53.9 at the start of the week.

I'll see your 53.9 and raise you a 59.9 at my local Texaco! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:45 pm 

raise you to 67.9 at my local Texaco. I run 2 x 2litre turbo Vauxhall cars on gas. Both are tuned up, chipped, many sports parts etc. One of them is not setup to run the high power on gas but the other makes 280 bhp on petrol and 291 on gas. Hoefully you should see similar gains as your car is modified too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:36 pm 

That's quite expensive for gas, I actually found a place at 52p. I hoping to see some gains in power aswell, just waiting for my bigger injectors to arrive. Then take it to the rolling road.

Cheers

Ivan