LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nissan Terrano II 2.4i
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:35 pm 
Hello, newbie here!

Just bought my T2 from a dealer, I normally buy my cars private but private sellers don't seem to be aware of the "recession" we are plummeting into and are expecting unreasonably high prices for their cars.

Anyway, I got my car complete with LPG conversion for £1350, car has FSH and done 76,000 miles. I figure at that price I have got the kit for free!

The kit seems to be pretty well installed and only done recently as all the bits are still shiny, the electrics could be better but I will tidy this up myself. The dealer had no installation certificate for the conversion so I did not declare it to the insurance company! I will get the system checked and certificated soon.

I don't know what type of kit it is but the name on the dashboard switch is Samba. The vapouriser is BRC. The tank is the cylindrical type fitted behind the back seats.

The car sometimes hesitates at low revs on gas and does seem down on power but I get the impression that this is normal. On the open road all seems fine.

I am hoping to improve my knowledge of LPG powered cars from this Forum.

All the best,
Chris.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:20 pm 

chrisdooley wrote:
The dealer had no installation certificate for the conversion so I did not declare it to the insurance company! I will get the system checked and certificated soon.

So you're currently driving around in an un-insured car. :evil:

You do know most Insurance Company's don't ask to see the certificate except in the event of a claim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:32 am 
No I did not know that they only ask for the certificate in the event of a claim, perhaps I ought to tell them then.

Thanks for the advice. :D