LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:17 am 
Hi Everyone

Got my car back from having BRC Sequent 56 fitted yesterday - runs like a peach!

VERY impressed, no loss of power at all (maybe even more actually) and runs like a dream.

Not sure of the economy yet as need to do some miles (have approx 250 to do today) so should get a good idea soon.

Looking good so far and a very very neat/professional job done by Jumblie Autogas - Queniborough near Leicester.

Post subject: V70
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:05 pm 

Glad your experience with T5 / BRC conversion is positive.

I have non turbo version of this engine and have fitted Vogas equipment. Big mistake!!

Despite following fitting and wiring instructions to the letter, this conversion is undriveable on LPG and now has engine check light on even in petrol mode, which will only reset if LPG wiring is disconnected from petrol injectors.

Software is a nightmare to set up and seems poorly developed. Many issues during configuration still unresolved.

Verdict - Total waste of money... and will take some convincing otherwise.

However, on a brighter note, previous experience of LPG with OMVL Dream system has been positive. 80k faultless miles and impressive mpg on V6 Vauxhall.

Verdict - Highly recommended and wish I'd fitted same system to the Volvo..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 pm 
I had a V70 AWD P1 with a BRC conversion done in 2005, perfect.

Had my 850 T5 converted in Jan 2008 to the BRC Sequent system, and had a few initial setup problems, which the installers quickly rectified - turns out it needed bigger injectors to deliver the gas.

Have now done over 20k on it with no problems at all. I used to get around 22 on petrol, now about 18 on gas (heavy right foot mode).

Would well recommend.