LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vectra LPG
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:10 pm 
I had a 1.8Gls 98 plate converted last Nov (130k already covered)and after 10k it has had 2 exhaust valves burnt out.I cannot get to the bottom of what has caused it.It has cost me £500 to rebuild engine.The car runs fine but I dont know whether to add flash-lube or not.There seems to be conflicting arguments for and against.I was under the impression that Vectras were ideal for conversion.The garage thet convertred it say you dont need it.What is everyones experience with LPG in Vectras?
Any help would be appreciated.
Paul :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:35 pm 
We ran a Vectra 1.8 on gas for 3 years with no issues - sold to a friend who then put phenomenal mileage on it over another 2.5 years with no issues other than the typical vectra petrol pump failure and the crappy handbrake issues!
A friend has the same car, done using the same system (OMVL Millenium) and he had no end of backfiring issues which were eventually traced to the harness that connects to the coil pack - even after blowing 2 inlet manifolds apart and umpteen airflow meters it never had any valve issues.
Another thing worth checking is the Lambda probe - they have been known to fail on vectras causing a lean mixture which will then cause a rise in valve temperature, eventually leading to burnt valve.

Post subject: vectra
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:47 pm 
Many thanks for your info.So you didn't use flash lube then?The car is running fine on LPG and I dont want to get rid of it even though its quite old now. :D
Paul