Okay all. Today I fitted the following...
48 Litre is the largest Torodial tank you can get in.
630 x 200 in the 147 (Sits above the boot a little though due to the shape of the wheel well.
The 156 boot is a bit bigger so you can get more in.
multi valve to tank
Filler point. Not hidden though so might change to a normal UK one instead of an m10 hidden. Don't think it'll pass cop 11 without one.
Ran 6mm faro from tank to front of the car. Followed original fuel lines and brake lines as there is a rubber holder that you can tuck everything into as there are spare clips. Saves to drilling loads of points under the chassis. Same when you pull it up through the fuel lines.
Installed the vapouriser over the nearside front arch.
This seemed to be the only place I could fit it and have enough space.
Then T section for the water. One before the thermostat. Then one after the thermostat. Removed the air filter for more room.
The pipe after the thermostat is a little thicker than standard 16mm water tube. So just made sure it was bloody tight.
Vapouriser works best lower in the coolant highest point circuit. That way you get less chance of air lock.
Then I drilled a map sensor directly in the plastic manifold after a few practices with a spare inlet I had. It's wise to practise I feel given if you balls it up. Your car will sick too much air after the throttle body. Meaning it will run incorrectly. Same goes for the four injectors.
Now the twin spark although has a plastic manifold the injectors are in a metal inlet. So you need a good drill bit.
In order to get cylinder one I had to remove
I then also fashioned a make shift vacuum piece to such swarf as I drilled and tapped.
This was the scary point. As drilling your inlet is a one time only thing really. You need the correct angle. Enough space to put in the injectors. Correct angle of spray and also close to the original injector but with enough room it doesn't kink anything.
I used a 6.3mm drill piece. M6 tap and Helicoiled a thread into it. I used a glue to take up any thread difference which seemed to work okay.
Added all four injector points and all the tubes from hana injectors to gas entry points. Again more glue to make sure it's air tight. Hopefully.
First time starting it was a bit scary as it took a while. Think it was sucking air from the tank until it got to pressure.
Anyway seems okay now. So that's this weekend done. Although i only did half days and sat reading and trialing things out. I could do what i did in the weekend in one day if i tried. But a lot is prep.
Now all i have left is the electrics and installing the ecu somewhere and then tuning. So probably another weekend. Then testing really.
It's an okay job. It's not hard it's just making sure you plan it out and where things can go that'll work correctly. Can't wait to get it hooked up and see if it runs okay. I'm not expecting miracles though.