LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:05 pm 

Hi guys,

I am wanting to share my story with yourself about a company called "independent autogas". I have been lurking around the forums for sometime wanting to find someone who would convert my car with top notch parts and be resonably priced.

I did alot of searching and had alot of quotes from various people on this forum and locally to me. I opted to use Toby / Independent Autogas becuase he explained everything, showed me good examples of his work. He was willing to spend the time to get the job right! I found some installers bigging up the work, like they were to busy, I found others who had no idea how my car worked and worse come installers who were under spec'ing the kit which I knew would not last!

My car is a Toyota Aristo - a Japanese import and has around 320HP from the factory. It has the same running gear as a Toyota Supra and goes like stink! Its a Twin Turbo with a factory sequencial system with the first turbo coming online around 2k, and the second turbo prespooled and thrown in around 4k. All the ecu diagnostics read out is in Japanese.

Toby is nowhere near to me, he is around a 140 miles from me and one Saturday morning I decided that he was the one, after driving down into the "sticks" and around the twirly roads I eventually met him for the first time personally.

Let me say, you wont meet another man who is more willing to bendover and keep you happy! Hes got a larger than life character and his ability to dum it all down to a novice is brilliant.

My requirments were simple;
Big tank
kit able to handle around 440HP.
does not swap over onto petrol
goes like stink
and use high quality equipment.

The list was drawn out and the specfications made!

2x Bigas vaporizers (these can support 220HP each) OR
Each of the above vaporizers will be wired to 3 LPG injectors each.
6x HANA A Injectors,
KING ECU with AEB firmware.
8MM gas flow pipe from the back to the front of the car
Electronic flash lube injected to each cylinder.
88L LPG tank.

Well its all been installed and I have managed to do around 750£ miles and let me say I am impressed.
Its all perfect ticked all the boxes and I am very very happy with the work. It says on gas all the way through
and gives me factory mileage! The Aristos mixed cycle is around 20MPG, my last few runs have given me 19.50MPG!

I have not been incentivized to make this post, I have already paid for my conversion
and I am happy.

Newcomers dont be scared to contact him! and dont be worried about travling stupid miles to take your car to him.
Its well worth it, hes a top man, he knows his stuff.