LPG Forum


All times are UTC



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:09 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Lpg Monkey wrote:
luke123 wrote:
Lpg Monkey wrote:
So what once ur registered ur not bothered how its installed cos you can pass it yourself omg I can't believe you've just put that on an open forum that's bad m8 real bad. That's like an mot tester saying I know my wheels are hanging off and my brakes don't work but its on because I can pass it myself its true but its illegal and its just such bad practice its untrue. I'm afraid ill have to send this link to mike at the uklpg that is just making a mockery of all that every good installer stands for :shock:


I have edited my post meaning what i meant


Oh ok I'd of probably put what I meant in the first place like I'd of learned how to safely convert a vehicle before I'd started



Oh yeahhh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:21 pm 
New member

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:25 am
Posts: 50
Location: St. Helens
Errrrm yeah my fingers usually type what my brain tells them to. There is sometimes the odd spelling or grammar mistake but I'm generally pretty happy with what I've typed before I hit submit


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:28 pm 
Advanced Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 am
Posts: 7878
Images: 0
Location: Peterborough
C'mon lads, one thread has already been deleted, do you really want this one to go the same way?

_________________
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:31 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Gilbertd wrote:
C'mon lads, one thread has already been deleted, do you really want this one to go the same way?


No tbh iv'e come on here to see what people would think of my work and didn't end up thinking iv'e got my ex-boss keep posting on my threads for no reason with such petty posts.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:58 pm 
Installer

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 3733
Location: Midlands
You two are hilarious ! I can see why you don't work together any more lol !
So what's the sketch fellas ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:01 am 
Installer

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:56 pm
Posts: 2581
Location: North Wales
Handbags down :lol:

_________________
http://www.classicswede.com/
http://www.classicswede.co.uk/LPG/cat17 ... 10800.aspx

LPG installer Anglesey North Wales

DIY LPG Kits

07824887160


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:36 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Tubbs wrote:
You two are hilarious ! I can see why you don't work together any more lol !
So what's the sketch fellas ?



At college doing level 3 motor vehicle, Air con exam retest coming up, learning dirty diesels with scoping.
I think lpg monkey must be upset or stinging as he keeps respondin on everything i do lol, P.s just recieved cop 11 regs;-)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Done some more work today, Filler and pipework to multi-valve done and reverse parking sensors fitted.

Iv'e also Measured The lengths of pipework and they're no longer than 30cm, iv'e also re-routed them better so they'e virtually near enough the same length's.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Pictures below of the injector nozzles to show where iv'e mounted them

Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:27 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Picture to show where the manifold end's and where the nozzles is

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:54 pm 
Advanced Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 am
Posts: 7878
Images: 0
Location: Peterborough
Erm, what's the bit of pipe going up through a hole in the first and third pictures? If it's the feed from the filler to the tank or from the tank to the front end, it should be running inside a vent tube, if it's something at the front of the car, then it needs a grommet at the very least. Is the pipe visible along it's whole length?

_________________
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Gilbertd wrote:
Erm, what's the bit of pipe going up through a hole in the first and third pictures? If it's the feed from the filler to the tank or from the tank to the front end, it should be running inside a vent tube, if it's something at the front of the car, then it needs a grommet at the very least. Is the pipe visible along it's whole length?



Yeah don't worry it's running through a vent tube, @!## picture really, yeah visible of the whole length

it's from the filler to the tank


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 am 
New member

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 111
Did I notice the LPG housing had been painted but the filler cap hasn't?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:07 am 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
nope standard, not been painted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:56 pm 
Member

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 am
Posts: 266
luke123 wrote:
Gilbertd wrote:
Erm, what's the bit of pipe going up through a hole in the first and third pictures? If it's the feed from the filler to the tank or from the tank to the front end, it should be running inside a vent tube, if it's something at the front of the car, then it needs a grommet at the very least. Is the pipe visible along it's whole length?



Yeah don't worry it's running through a vent tube, @!## picture really, yeah visible of the whole length

it's from the filler to the tank


I'm still not sure what we are looking at. If there is vent tube on the other side, how is it held in place ? Surely you would need a top hat poking through the hole.

If the pipe is visible the whole length then isn't that contradicting the fact that its covered by a vent tube for some of it's length.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Speedy999 wrote:
luke123 wrote:
Gilbertd wrote:
Erm, what's the bit of pipe going up through a hole in the first and third pictures? If it's the feed from the filler to the tank or from the tank to the front end, it should be running inside a vent tube, if it's something at the front of the car, then it needs a grommet at the very least. Is the pipe visible along it's whole length?



Yeah don't worry it's running through a vent tube, @!## picture really, yeah visible of the whole length

it's from the filler to the tank


I'm still not sure what we are looking at. If there is vent tube on the other side, how is it held in place ? Surely you would need a top hat poking through the hole.

If the pipe is visible the whole length then isn't that contradicting the fact that its covered by a vent tube for some of it's length.



The vent tube throught the centre of he tank, held in with the fitting screws you get with the tank and sealed with some sikaflex, Pipe is fitted from the tank and the vapouriser now ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:01 pm 
Advanced Member

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 am
Posts: 7878
Images: 0
Location: Peterborough
But you still need a top hat poking through the hole? Are you saying that you've assumed that the hole in the middle of the tank is the vent tube?

_________________
'96 Saab 900XS, AEB Leo, sold
'93 Range Rover 4.2 LSE, Lovato LovEco, sold
'98 Ex-Police Range Rover 4.0, Singlepoint AEB Leo, my daily motor
'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:54 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Gilbertd wrote:
But you still need a top hat poking through the hole? Are you saying that you've assumed that the hole in the middle of the tank is the vent tube?


The vent tube is sticking out of the hole slightly?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:10 pm 
Member

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 am
Posts: 266
Ah yeah, I see what I'm looking at now LOL.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 pm 
New member

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 108
Not done anything to the car yet, With the weather being what it is and recently got myself a new apprenticeship :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:08 pm 
Installer

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 3733
Location: Midlands
With a gas converter or something else ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group