LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:22 pm 

Suzuki ignis 4 grip 1.5vvti
Kme nevo 4cylinder kit, GZWM 35litre tank, jlm valve saver and fuel catalyst installed.

The filler and Lpg rail with filter is fitted but no pics as of yet :)

sorted it:) pics should work

cheers Luke

Last edited by luke123 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:13 am 

If you use an Img tag around those URLs we would be able to see them as pics :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 pm 

Today drilling the manifold and installing the nozzles and the map sensor.

The pipes are that long as the air box presses down on the pipes and kinks them, Let me know your thoughts

cheers Luke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:12 pm 
Installer

I would have put the nozzles much lower down the manifold up by the petrol injectors.

You would have also probably been better off with OMVL injectors so you could get the orientation correct.

LPG installer Anglesey North Wales

DIY LPG Kits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:28 pm 
Advanced Member

Without anything to give an idea of scale, those pipes between the injectors and nozzles look awfully long. You don't really want more than 30cm from injector to inlet valve. Can't you put spacers under the airbox so it doesn't squash the pipes?

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:29 pm 

I will get you a pic of where the manifold actually ends and where i have put the nozzles.

Cant use spacers as the pipe from throttle body to the air box is small and if i raise it looks @!## as it's slanted. The pipes are probably longer than 30cm but thought the valteks have a 4mm seat so flow a good amount of gas, car has a 120bhp vapouriser and the car is rated to 80-90bhp and running 8mm farro and the pipe from injectors to manifold is 5mm.

I prefer the valteks over the omvl fast don't know why just always have, if the rails don't flow enough i will get some of them barracuda injectors from lpgshop

cheers Luke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:07 pm 

Little Luke…

can i remind you, COP11

Sizing of Pipelines.

The LPG liquid pipeline bore should be as small as possible to avoid undue rigidity and sufficiently large to provide for maximum engine fuel demand.

It should be recognised that an excess flow valve incorporated into an LPG service valve will not protect the pipe in every eventuality, and it is therefore emphasised that the liquid pipeline should be as small a bore as practicable whilst meeting the maximum fuel requirement of the engine. In the event of a liquid feed pipe fracture, the engine will stop from a lack of fuel, and the electric valve at each tank will, therefore, be de-energised to provide complete shut off.

All the best the original Luke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 pm 
Installer

I'd echo Classicswede and Gilbertd

Simon
Lpgc

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:04 am 

lukie wrote:
Little Luke…

can i remind you, COP11

Sizing of Pipelines.

The LPG liquid pipeline bore should be as small as possible to avoid undue rigidity and sufficiently large to provide for maximum engine fuel demand.

It should be recognised that an excess flow valve incorporated into an LPG service valve will not protect the pipe in every eventuality, and it is therefore emphasised that the liquid pipeline should be as small a bore as practicable whilst meeting the maximum fuel requirement of the engine. In the event of a liquid feed pipe fracture, the engine will stop from a lack of fuel, and the electric valve at each tank will, therefore, be de-energised to provide complete shut off.

All the best the original Luke

Does that mean the farro pipe or the pipe from manifold to lpg rail, as thought from reducer it's vapour to lpg rail (Vapour/liquid)?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:00 am 

Lpg Monkey wrote:
however 8mm is fine

I feel your missing the point

The LPG liquid pipeline bore should be as small as possible

a ignis would happily run on 6mm pipe, therefore 8mm pipe will work fine but it isn't as small as possible

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:10 am 

i know what the regs say however they need a certain ammount of interpriting they refer to pipe rigidity an issue not present with the modern flexible faro style pipe. when using cheap kit with boastful figures and single hole tanks every little helps. i only ever ues 8mm simply because its never wrong for whatever car and i only need to stock 1 roll of pipe and fittings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:20 am 
Installer

I see where you are coming from on the feed pipe size. As an installer you would automatically fit 6mm pipe knowing it will flow way more fuel than is needed.

Perhaps Luke123 is planning a high power engine swap or turbo conversion and has fitted the 8mm feed pipe now so all he has to change are the injectors and vapouriser? That is the only possible reason I can think of to select 8mm feed pipe.

It can not be a big issue because when I first started installing BRC the fill pipe was 10mm copper and front to back was 8mm, no 6mm pipe at all so even the smallest of engines would have a 8mm feed pipe.

I do miss the 10mm feed pipe but don't miss multivalves that failed to perform at least1 function and backward electronics.

LPG installer Anglesey North Wales

DIY LPG Kits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:00 am 

personally i hated all copper pipe lol when the proper faro pipe came out it was a godsend. the 8mm thing is more habbit than anything else i mainly fit lovato and tartarini kits which come supplied with 8mm in the box then when faro was available i just bought it by the roll 8mm is always big enough for any engine and it suits the filler too 1 roll of pipe 1 lot of fittings 1 size of clips its just easier imo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:03 pm 

I have chosen 8mm as i feel it's easier to work with, The ignis maybe in the future will be getting remapped so i have future proofed the car in essence.

Iv'e ordered a copy of the cop11 reg's anyway so will have a read up :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:07 pm 

Might of been a good idea to have read and understood the regs before fitting the kit that way you would avoid possibly having to rework things. That is if you intend on having it inspected and registered if not then as long as its safe and your happy with it then just suck it and see.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:41 pm 

Lpg Monkey wrote:
Might of been a good idea to have read and understood the regs before fitting the kit that way you would avoid possibly having to rework things. That is if you intend on having it inspected and registered if not then as long as its safe and your happy with it then just suck it and see.

Will be getting registered in abit so not bothered about the registration at the moment, just getting the kit installed properly.

Last edited by luke123 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:51 pm 

So what once ur registered ur not bothered how its installed cos you can pass it yourself omg I can't believe you've just put that on an open forum that's bad m8 real bad. That's like an mot tester saying I know my wheels are hanging off and my brakes don't work but its on because I can pass it myself its true but its illegal and its just such bad practice its untrue. I'm afraid ill have to send this link to mike at the uklpg that is just making a mockery of all that every good installer stands for :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:55 pm 

luke123 wrote:
Lpg Monkey wrote:

Will be getting registered in abit so not bothered about that.

I see you have now edited ur original post bad practice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:56 pm 

Lpg Monkey wrote:
So what once ur registered ur not bothered how its installed cos you can pass it yourself omg I can't believe you've just put that on an open forum that's bad m8 real bad. That's like an mot tester saying I know my wheels are hanging off and my brakes don't work but its on because I can pass it myself its true but its illegal and its just such bad practice its untrue. I'm afraid ill have to send this link to mike at the uklpg that is just making a mockery of all that every good installer stands for :shock:

I have edited my post meaning what i meant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 pm 

luke123 wrote:
Lpg Monkey wrote:

I have edited my post meaning what i meant

Oh ok I'd of probably put what I meant in the first place like I'd of learned how to safely convert a vehicle before I'd started