LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:56 am 

Hi,
Just wanted to make a recommendation and pass my thanks again to Simon for calibrating my KING system to my MG ZS.

The install was my own DIY and Simon calibrated it.
It's now driving just as well on LPG as it does on petrol, something I hadn't managed myself!

See his profile here: http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3905

Thanks, James

Previously: Rover 200 BRM 1.8 VVC - ESGI 2 LPG system

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 am 
Advanced Member

I like the filler. Personally I've always been of the if you've got it, flaunt it mind but I know a lot of people don't like to have the filler on view for some reason. Many try to use the silly little 10mm threaded fillers that need an adapter, that are not only of dubious legality but will snap off sooner or later, behind the flap next to the petrol filler. Hiding it behind the number plate like that is a great idea. You also have the advantage that you can fill from either side of the pump so no queueing while somebody does their weekly shopping.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

was the filling station ok when u pulled out ur phone? Twice ive seen them go mental when a phone was brought out lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:51 pm 

Thanks for positive comments re filler.
It was a quickly taken photo! Besides the mobile phone causing an electrical spark theory was disproved by Myth Busters on Discovery TV! Haha

Previously: Rover 200 BRM 1.8 VVC - ESGI 2 LPG system

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

JimmieJ wrote:
Besides the mobile phone causing an electrical spark theory was disproved by Myth Busters on Discovery TV! Haha

yes i saw that also but that dont stop them putting up the no mobile phones sign :wink:

ps, time to update that sig. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 pm 
Installer

Gilbertd wrote:
You also have the advantage that you can fill from either side of the pump so no queueing while somebody does their weekly shopping.

I don't fill up at service stations very often. I had to the other day. Sat there about 10 mins. Car still hadn't moved. Went in. Used the costa machine. Queued up, paid for the coffee. Went back and sat in the car. Nearly finished the coffee when the owner if the car (that was sat in the gas pump) got in and drove off in their diesel car ! Proper gets your goat sometimes doesn't it ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:39 pm 
Installer

Not as much as those stupid cords that pull like buggery on the filler unless you hold the cord with your hand or use some side cutters on it :lol:

LPG installer Anglesey North Wales

DIY LPG Kits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:30 pm 
Installer

Thanks for your comments JimmieG.

In case of interest...

Original issues: Surging at idle, hesitation on revving/acceleration, cutting back to petrol at high loads, Mil light illumination
Noted: Jim had done a good job of install but various settings were obviously wrong - no extra injection filter set but Kseries engine, high positive fuel trims at idle, LPG inj duration 5ms at idle.
Changes made: Change Valtek injector setting to Fast (to suit OMVL SL injectors), increase working pressure from 0.9 to 1.4 bar, increase reducer pressure from 1.2 to 1.4bar, change map to a flat map aiming for 0 fuel trims at idle, set over-run 2ms- map figures, set 3.5 and 4.5ms map load points using electrical loads, guesstimate 6ms + map figures, dial out hesitation on reviving/acceleration on Kseries using extra injection filter, take for test / calibration drive monitoring fuel trims and switching to petrol to ensure trims were similar on petrol, check /adjust full load mixture, add 2ms at high loads petrol addition to get rid of occasional misfires at high loads, recheck map and fuel trims with standing and driving under bonnet temps, advise Jim car should run well totally on LPG at high loads without misfiring if he reduces plug gaps but after doing so he needs to recheck and adjust high load mixture, showed him what to check / adjust.

Jim said he'd do a bit of a write-up on the forum but I wasn't expecting a thanks message. I only come on the forum sporadically so have only just seen this.. Cheers Jim!

Simon
Lpgc

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon