LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:47 pm 

Not long bought another Subaru Forester 2.0 non turbo and had an Emer system fitted by Tubbs and it seems to be returning 37 MPG. :D Okay it starts on petrol so maybe 35 MPG but OMG the last car we had also a 2.0 Forester fitted with a Stag system by Profess Autogas only got 23 MPG. :cry: The last car also had a power loss on gas when the new one feels just the same on gas as it does on petrol.
Now Tubbs was £200 more expensive but that did include a Flashlube system that Profess said we didn't need :? and he registered it on the UKLPG register so not really any more expensive. The only hassle was having to leave the car for a few days with Tubbs rather than getting it back on the same day but then I think it has been properly set up which takes time.

We did have a small issue with the car at first but this was quickly resolved and I can highly recommend Tubbs as the man to go to if you want an LPG system installed. I live in the Scottish Borders so a 560 Mile round trip but well worth it. :D

Thanks Toby.

Norrie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

did Toby put you up for the night? cupp'a in the morning with a bacon sarnie?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:09 pm 

john_d wrote:
did Toby put you up for the night? cupp'a in the morning with a bacon sarnie?

Not quite mate but we stayed at my Wife's Mum and Dads for the night in Mid Wales drove to Toby's workshop and he dropped us off at the train station and also picked us up when we collected the car. I work for the railway so get free travel which is a bonus. :D

Norrie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:33 pm 
Installer

Norrie ! Wow ! That's really good mpg. How are you doing your calculations. What does it do on petrol ?
Anyhow I'm really glad your happy with it. And thanks for being so understanding initially.
Worth it in the end though if its turning out 35's eh !!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:35 am 

Filled it up at the same station twice this week and the first time it worked out at 37 MPG and today it was 36.6.
I can't believe it either as I would have been delighted if it done 30 MPG. It runs for about 2 Miles before switching so easy 35 MPG.
I think to check it properly I would need to warm it up on the drive and get it to switch before I actually drive it but stuff that. All I know is that I'm happy as larry. :lol:

To think the guy I bought it off spent an extra 9 Grand to buy a Forester diesel that does 45MPG. :?

Norrie.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:00 am 
Advanced Member

Hmm, diesel at £1.39 a litre works out to £6.31 a gallon. So 45 miles at £6.31 works out at 14p per mile.
LPG at 70p a litre works out to £3.18 a gallon. So 37 miles at £3.18 works out at 8.5p per mile.

Really cheap to run these noisy, smelly, gutless diesels aren't they?

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:36 am 
Installer

Ok, so you use the same pump. And you are easily taking out the petrol warm up cycle at 2 miles. So it does look like 35. I've had historical reports of the 2.0 turbo's that I've converted doing 31 on gas. But only 29 on petrol ?
So that's very interesting, I will be loading the gas ecu map into any 2 litre normally aspirated Subaru I come across from now on !
Those Emer injectors are very good, really fast reaction times so they can trim really well, all the way up the rev range.