LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 pm 

Hi All.
I just thought i'd say hi. I've had my MG ZT 190 for nearly two years and although at high mileage(143k), i took the plunge and had the car converted to LPG last week. Before upgrading, i had my car put on a dyno and it gave out 184.85bhp, not bad for the miles and the fact the engine left the factory with 187bhp.

I decided to have the conversion done by Profess and i have to say, i am impressed with their customer service. Unfortunately one of their fitters phoned in sick so the conversion wasn't done in a day as agreed, however they were very accomodating and gave me a courtesy car (Chevy Blazer 4.3) and even delivered my car back to my place for me, 222 miles away from their store.

I'm yet to fill the car properly so i'm not sure on MPG or anything just yet. The car switches over to gas after less than half a mile of driving(it warms up quickly). Performance wise it does feel slightly down on power but only really when flooring it, for day to day driving it feels as nice to drive as it ever has done.

Here's some pictures of their conversion, including the huge 84l tank. It's a stag 300 premium kit. I would highly recommend them and the fact they offer remove servicing (bought their cable) is an added bonus for anyone living some distance away like me. The cost of the conversion was about £1100 all in, that includes the cable, tank, lifetime warranty and my first tank of fuel.

Thanks for looking.

Rik.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:47 pm 

hi i get this year few cars for service conversions have been done by profess . conversions was done nice i dont see any big issues.
worst conversions i see done by ........ who insttaling marreli..all was done same way bad...
the worst one done who install lima system on range rover supercharge car worth 25k conversion price 2600 ..naked wires lose wires one side
of engine valtek30injectors other side valtek34..
that was very very bad conversion i have video for it..
one day will put on you tube

www.devonautogas.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm 

Looks tidy Rik but why the red manifold?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 pm 

Talkingcars wrote:
Looks tidy Rik but why the red manifold?

The manifold was a replacement (they have butterfly valves which rattle with age inside them) bought from a member of the 75/ZT club and he failed to mention he had spray painted it red until after I arrived to collect it. It wasn't my choice but the date on the back of the thing supported the advert description of it being nearly new.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm 

Well I've just had my first fill up. 250 miles on 58 litres of gas which works out at just under 20mpg. That's not bad for the route I have to drive. On petrol I'd achieve about 21-22 on the same run.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm 

Well I've just had my 1000 mile check at Profess. They had one of their technicians ride in my passenger seat with his laptop and he adjusted the mapping as we were driving. They adjusted the fuel gauge to make it a little more accurate. I've fitted some iridium plugs as the car was running a little rough between 3000-4000rpm. Things feel so much better now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:35 pm 

About a month ago, the pressure valve stopped knocking off once the tank was reaching 80% capacity. Profess were great, they took the car back, fitted a new valve and gave me a free tank of gas for the trouble of having to take the car back to them.