LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:50 pm 

Oky doky hehe believe it or not, one has actually made a start towards fitting the dream xxi :shock:

I have a replacement zorst manifold (modified) which will hopefully prevent cracking in the future, so to replace it the inlet has to come off plus various other bits n bobs, so whilst it is off im drilling and tapping the holes for the nozzles, thing is though my m5 drill bit is more like an m5.5 its not but running the m6 tap through leaves these nozzly things which arent the right thing really not very tight screwing in, so will call it a day today and wiz out tomorrow and purchase a new 5mm bit, may even go down to 4.5 which will give me a better thread in the aluminium casting.

Im gonna order 6 of these from tinley tech monday morning

so I can get the nozzle right into the airflow and direct the squirt right at the valve, if these arent the right thing, would someone let me know asap so I can order the right things :P

Other things discovered like a collapsed NS engine mount :roll: but had great access to the block drain bung which was seized in solid, but now isnt so draining the block for flushing is now a whole lot easier.

Once all the manifold has been drilled n tapped ill blank the holes with m6 bolts so I can still run with the single point for now, be interesting to see how much economy improvement there is, if any.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:34 pm 
Installer

Buy a bottle of loctite for the nozzles.

You don't need directionals on this un, but they'll do no harm. Only needed when there are obscure airflow shenagins close to the inlet valves.
Generally, blasting the gas straight across the airflow will give the best mixing. Injecting gas is a slightly different proposition to injecting liquid, we need not imitate the petrol layout exactly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:38 am 

Ah ok thx for that, I can always cut em down if they wasnt to prove that effective, I actually bought a bottle of thread lock yesterday to seal the bolt plugs I have fitted until the nozzles arrive, I also bought a reasonable good box of drills seeing as most of mine are now either missing, snapped or fubar :lol: the plan was to drill a 4.5mm hole and tap, but, the 4.5 that was supplied in the box went straight to bluntness :shock: unreal ... so the first hole I drilled with that wandered a bit but its okay, the other 4 holes I drilled with a 4mm then opened em up with the 4.5 and then tapped to get a nice tight fit.

Put it all back together last night, fired it up, let it warm up and settle in, went to run it around the block and the friggin headlights wouldnt work :evil: oh the joys of jeeping :lol:

Anyway for some strange reason, the jeep seems to have gotten its mojo back ... its almost like the other zorst manifold was blocked, but it isnt, anyway heres a couple pics ...

The old

The new

note the expansion joints in 1 and 6, this mod should prevent the standard cracking procedure around the 2 into 1 joint.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:44 pm 

So all thats been done on the Jheep today was to fit a little metal clip that retains the window switch in place, lost the other one ages ago and its a pain for a passenger trying to open or close the window when the button pushes inside the door, but have had a massive clearout of @!## as in two large box's of not worth selling old car crud to the recycling gaff and an estate car full of scrap down to the weighbridge :twisted: can stretch to a beer or two tonight now.

Next job is to go through the box of lpg bits and see if anything else needs getting before I order the nozzles so its all together for the fast fit.

Saturday I phoned the local tyre fella who said couldnt do the work that day but will be around first thing monday afternoon after his morning meeting with however ... 3.30pm gave him a ring to see if he was coming, yeap no problems im on a job just now but will be around by tea time, if there is any problems ill call you .... still hasnt turned up and no phone call.

He was in business in a small unit but wasnt doing much as there was two other firms in the same estate doing tyres, so he went mobile, brilliant, he calls around at no extra charge which is great as for me it saves driving out to somewhere to get the jobs done, saving fuel costs, when he first got going I gave him quite a bit of work, support local business and all that and I could phone him and he would be there faster than you could put the phone down, had 4 tyres on the focus 2 on my sons car 2 on my car and several all terrain and mud tyre swappages, seems now that isnt enough as my jobs are pushed to the back, I wanted 2 at's taking off, 2 others fitted a price for 4 15" trailer tyres which I need replacing (special order so he would fit them later) and a mud tyre put on a Daytona ... f*ck him ... im going elsewhere from now on :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:36 pm 

And replacing the cracked manifold for a non cracked one has made no difference to the single point economy, its just the same, all be it the truck pulls better, so I better get on with this newer install innit :lol:

Unfortunately its cats n dogs out there today so wont be doing anything yet :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:25 am 

Willow, let me know how you do with your new exhaust manifold. Mine is the original and yes... chuff chuff chuff.. it's starting to sound a bit like Ivor the Engine at idle!
Trims are also very positive, which I guess means that the O2 is seeing too much air and sending the fuelling rich.

Where did you get your Dream XXI? I think I might be in the market for a new ECU shortly, mine appears to have problems (all in another thread) and I'd like to keep the original loom if possible.

Nice job on the inlet. My spuds are about 8 inches further upstream than yours, no wonder my idle is wobbly :/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:03 am 

I mostly run on at's but for some daft reason I put the mud tyres on, maybe not so daft as the mud tyres make the look of the truck but they do make the engine work much harder and use more fuel, so perhaps I shouldnt jump the gun yet until I have a proper run out with the at's.

Ive drilled all the inlet and fitted stainless m6 plugs for now until im ready to get on and strip the single point out and fit the multi point, family commitments however have taken over so it will have to wait for now, the modified manifold shouldnt crack but looking at the other manifolds the crack is so hairline I doubt it affected the system that much, I want to do a proper run with the current system so at least I will know if the new fit has actually made a difference, looking at the readouts on screen between the two manifolds hasnt altered as yet but time will tell.

My dream system came from a m8t who has abandoned lpg in favour of simplifying his whole truck for offroading (non road use) so the amount of liquid gold used is negligible so no need for added complications etc.

From all the advice given to me this is the correct place to install the nozzles and seeing as the lpg system came off a 4.0L cherokee should be closely setup for mine, but the setup ... thas a whole new learning curve :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:15 am 

Left it a bit late to order my parts yesterday, 5pm and no answers whatsoever, guess it must have been friday :lol:

Monday it is then, ordering a vapour and liquid filter as well but cant identify what type the liquid one is, says type 92 on the filter bowl but couldnt see one, my omvl vaporiser thingy looks like a previous version to what is available now, seperate filter and shut off solenoid but a phone call should get things moving monday :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:27 pm 
Installer

There are big and little ones, seen both used with OMVL
http://www.valtek.it/Prodotti/Filtri-pe ... lang=en-US

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 pm 

Thx Rossko tis the Filtro Maggirato Big Filter ... the big one, looks exactly the same unit, can sort that Monday now, my vapour filter feeds a Y piece which goes to the seperate banks of 3, so may get one with seperete feeds, may look neater on the install.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 pm 

Parts ordered including a 1 in 2 out vapour filter, hopefully can make a start saturday once the seized rear calipers are unseized :mrgreen: