LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:59 pm 

ok so after lots of planning and waiting for parts and doing so somes ive started work . its slow going and am still using the car at the same time .. but a picture paints a 1000 words so here we go ... any help and advice would be great as i like the car dont really want to blow it up ...
new parts :-)
mixers from poland hope they workImage
emulator took me over a day to get them on not fun
mixer ready to fit
hole for the idle in the throttle body
idle sorted (i hope)
vapor hose all plumbed in to the stepper motor
engine picture

it all needs tweaking and im not to happy with it but its getting there slowly next step water hoses and gas line
any help would be great ..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:32 pm 
Installer

is the landi kit second hand if so did you check it worked before you got it ,only asking as the majority of these i have seen have had big problems .but looking neat so far..........

http://www.sstv.org.uk/autogas/index.html
twitter ... @autogasandy .... With lots of conversion photos !!
Facebook Andy Evans Autogas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:00 pm 

It is second had and I have not checked it so fingers crossed it will be OK
How would I go about checking it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:30 pm 
Advanced Member

See it running on the original car before it was taken off?

Why have you fitted a stepper actuator AND a manual power valve? You only need one or the other, a stepper for closed loop or a power valve for open loop.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:47 pm 
Installer

retrosii wrote:
It is second had and I have not checked it so fingers crossed it will be OK
How would I go about checking it?

don't think you can check it off the car you'l just have to suck it and see (pardon the pun ).have you got the lead and software ?if not I wouldn't spend to much time on it, bin the reg and get a R90e and possibly a bingo 6 or a LEO ,or even just the power valve, the good thing about the bingo 6 is that it has built in emulators but possibly the wrong plugs for your jap? it's been a while since I've fitted one ,also you may need to reduce the hole at the mixers just an observation ....good luck........

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:09 am 

Not really sure why I put the manual power valve on as well it was just there so thought I would chuck it on as well might take it off as I said its just on basicly at the minute it needs tweaking. I have all the software and cables so I'm going to stick with this kit as I think I know what I'm doing with it and its old school like the car . Mixers are stream mixers I have never seen them used but I'm willing to give them a go as it help keep some of the performance when running petrol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm 

OK I have revised the idle because I was not happy with it how it was. Its a lot neater not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 pm 

OK so the only safe place to mount the tank is in the middle of the boot as its to big to go any more forward. I have welded bolts to the box section as there is no access from the under side. Its just the pipe work and filler point to sort out this end now. Was a shame to lose so much boot space though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:25 pm 

OK I have finnished putting in the tank but made a small mistake as I can not get the cover off the multy valve so I'm going to have to move the tank back a inch or so so its back out with the drill LOL. Also cut a hole in the car for the filler point. That's a hard thing to cut a good pannel OJ such a rare car. Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:38 pm 
Installer

Picture may be misleading, but tank angle looks funny? Most valves end up a bit more "on the side" when set at the correct angle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:17 am 
Installer

rossko wrote:
Picture may be misleading, but tank angle looks funny? Most valves end up a bit more "on the side" when set at the correct angle.

.also looks like the valve is upside down...maybe turn the tank and the frame all the way round.........

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:43 am 

Som confused. I thought the valve sat dead on top. How can I check what angle the tank is mentioned to be? I hope I don't have to turn the tank around as I've cut the hole in the car already. Should be good if the valve could be a bit more on the side so I don't have to take the hole lot out again and start drilling hole. Any help would be great guys its proving to be a hard install.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:08 am 
Installer

Ah. The tank valve has to be set at the correct angle. The angle is stamped on the valve, as they are available in different styles. Look for something like 300/30. 30 degrees is common, meaning 30 up from sticking straight out the side (considered as zero). Straight out the top is considered 90.

The 300 or 360 part refers to the diameter of the cylinder tank its supposed to used in, double check that too.

You can make a 60-30 degree setsquare out of cardboard, and use a plumbline or level.

Valve must be right way up, 'top' should be marked. You can remove a multivalve and rotate it 180 to get the valve on left or right end of the same tank.

Don't skimp this - it is safety critical stuff, the safety features of the valve require it to be installed correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 am 

OK checked out some picture and your all right the valve should be down more which is annoying. As I chould have put the tank closer to the seats if I had realized LOL. So which way around should the tank be or can I rotate the multyvalve I need some help this is all unexpected thanks to my little blond moment. HELP :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 am 

Cheers rossko I will check it all out. I have note bolted it all in for this very reason. Thanks for the help this is a great forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:50 pm 

OK here are some pics of all the writing. On the tank can't really make head or tails of it can any one help?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:10 pm 
Installer

It's an old 70L tank ...
What you're really interested in is the stamped markings on the valve brassware.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:35 pm 

OK I have found out the paper work that came with the tank but I'm not sure of a few thinks and need some help so I can tell its a 315 tank and needs to be set at 30° but I'm not sure if its the normal right side tank or left version. Can any one help me out with this and if it is a left version there are no 30° measures on the table. Any help would be great

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:48 pm 
Installer

in that last pic the valve looks upside down ,if you are going to turn the valve around the please be careful as the tank may still have gas in it ,if you release the alen key bolts slowly in a well ventilateed area away from any drains don't remove the bolts until the gas stops......take care......

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:11 pm 

The tank is empty the valve was undone when I picked it up. Still not sure which way it is ment to be as I'm not sure if its a right or left valve also the plate on the tank would be at the back if I turn the tank around. I'm stuck really don't know what to do as I've cut hole for the filler near the valve and can't cut one the other side as the spare wheel is that side.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next