LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 pm 

Been reading the manual today still alot im trying to get my head around but I think I may mave quite a good idea on what to do need to post the setting up and ask a few questions just got to get on the laptop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:15 pm 

Ok these are all the setting I need help with wich ones need changing and wich ones should I leave alone ?
Also might it be possible to set the rmp reference act-min at the lowest setting so it will use the main stepper to idle ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 pm 

Anyone ???????

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:18 am 
Advanced Member

Seems like I'm the only person with the patience to keep going on this. Without knowing exactly what all of the settings are doing, this is a bit of a guess but I'll have a go.
If we assume the reference to act-min is the idle stepper, set the min and max the same, somewhere in the mid point (100?). Hopefully that will stop the main stepper from opening up at idle as it will think the idle stepper is controlling things.
Set actuator max position for fixed default to enabled and set the fixed default to 100, then set the fixed default min and max values to +20.

If these all mean what I assume them to mean, the actuator will only move a small amount (+- 20 steps either side of the default) so it is almost running in open loop. See what the lambda sensor is telling you, rich or lean, and adjust the fixed default up or down to get it in the right sort of area (increase the opening if it is lean, decrease it if it is rich). You should then be able to give a tiny tweak on the vaporiser to get it something like right.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 am 

Thats great thank you so much for the help I really do appreciate it .
I will try it out on th weekend so fingers crossed.
Thanks again .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am 

I did take a look at your paper work but didnt reply because it looked a bit confusing without seeing the screen settings, I do admire your persistence, im the same, given time things will become clearer and you will understand the tweeks and different ways of getting it about right, its a big learning curve innit :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:56 am 
Installer

"RPM reference Act min" is interesting. Let's guess it's the RPM threshold the controller uses to decide whether to use the 'main' or 'idle' steppers. Set it below your base idle speed if possible?

I have seen these systems working without the idle stepper, but have not investigated how it was done nor how well it actually worked (just brought no-go faults e.g. solenoids to fix)

Bear in mind that the mixers may yet turn out to be hopelessly mismatched, but you do need to get control of the stepper system at this stage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 pm 

Sorry for the late reply but its been a busy time for me so have not even looked at my car so about a week.
Just popped out to see what I could do on the lap top ... first the screen in not exactly the same as the manual .
But I did a few things first I reset the system than ichanged the rpm reference act-min to 600rpm (car idles around 1000rpm) and good news it has solved the idle stepper problem :-) I did not set any min or max positions on the stepper just yet wanted to see where it was first .
Next I enabled the act-max increase in acceleration not to sure how to set this just thought it might cure the sputter on acceleration.
So I turn on the gas sat at 2500rpm for three minute and the stepper sat in the midle and the lambda went back and forth so that was good .
Car is idling rich still and the stepper does not seem to move to correct it as I thought it might ..
Car reved up fine but took it for a drive and it sputtered on slow acceleration but once this has cleared it drove fine and lambda shifted back and forth as it should ...
Just wondering if I need to increase the act-max increase in acceleration from 5 steps to more?
So it was a good start just need to get my head around all the setting and try get the lambda to swing on idle or im going to have to wire the bilt in lambd emulator up because its relly messing up the petrol ecu on the car.

Any one got any advice no matter how silly it might seem .

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:14 pm 
Advanced Member

He's back, thought you'd given up! What is Actuator max low position set at? The default is 20. I read this as being the amount the stepper is allowed to go below the default setting so if it is at 20 it will only allow it to go 20 steps below the default no matter how rich the lambda says it is. That may explain why it is not dropping low enough at idle. What does the lambda show when it splutters on acceleration, rich or lean?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm 

Good questions I will have to check and get back to you on that one .
At work till the weekend so might have to wait till sunday .

What about the max number of steps on acceleration does it need to be higher than 5?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 pm 
Advanced Member

No idea. Ideally the stepper shouldn't move whether it is at idle, accelerating or at cruise so it wouldn't matter. I assume it's there to allow for the crossover from one stepper to the other. No harm in upping it and seeing what happens.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:44 pm 

Its been ages since I last posted on here been really busy and my wifes new car got its brake stuck on so spent most of my free time sorting that ...
Went out today and made a few adjustments and changed a few setting so now the lambda will swing nicly on idle :-) was sorting out the adjustment on the vap to try stop it going lean on reving when my laptop died . Not sure if I can get it working again it started making a odd noise and froze.
Was wondering if any one would be willing to take a look at the system and change any issues and generally make it safe for my family's sake ?
Wife sold her old banger so we have some pennys atm.
I live in cornwall and use my car car quite a bit but if any one can find it in them to help me out I would be very greatful if not will have to way up my options and maybe have to uninstall the kit and sell on my car
Thanks for all the help and support for alll on the forum its been great fun learning about lpg.
Cheers

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 pm 

Im free most weekends and tuesdays so can travel up country.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:30 pm 

Any one interested in taking on the work ? P.m me if you would like my number to call me or any details. ...
If not its coming out so if any one want a new vap or a 70l tank let me know .

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:05 pm 

Any one interested in taking on the work ? P.m me if you would like my number to call me or any details. ...
If not its coming out so if any one want a new vap or a 70l tank let me know .

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:58 am 

Ok laptop is working but battery only lasts about 10-15 minutes and will not work properly when pluged in to the car fag lighter for some reason think its because I have to run a virtual p.c to run dos....
Its pretty much working just needs fine ajustment but just feel like im doing it blind because I dont know what im doing when it comes to setting all the limits because the manual does not go in to that much detail.
So if anyone has any openings in there work load let me know ...
As I said though im fed up now and its costing me more on fuel lugging around a big tank for no reason and could seel on the new vap and big tank to some one who can use it .
Please let me know if you can help
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:22 pm 

Gona try have a quick go today at setting the system .
I will try and get a video and post it of whats going on .
From what happened last time I think I can get it set semi correct .
Watch this space.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:18 pm 

Ok so just went out and apart from three complaints from my lovly nabours I have got no were
Ujusted the vap and laptop idles ok and revs ok but stepper is slow to react.
Took it for a drive and keeps going lean and bogging out all the time .
Only way to say it is lumpy and rubbish and completely unreponsive ...
I cant do it and had a back fire with my head under the bonnet scared me to death...
So thats it I throw in the towl
Its coming out I will put the parts uo for sale on here first you all know how new they are ...
Than its ebay .
So its by by car im afraid .

Unless any one wants to help it will be by by from me too on here.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:56 pm 
Installer

Not sure what you mean about "slow" stepper - it doesn't need to go fast. Remember it's only fine-tuning; with a perfect mixer/reducer setup it actually wouldn't need to move at all between idle and full throttle.

You're a bit out on a limb in Cornwall.

I think sizing of the magical mixers may have been your undoing here.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:32 pm 

Ok ive decided to sell my car and bye a four door so ive un installed the lpg kit .
I found the problem while un installing it the restrictions in the ir intake must have gotblown lose With a bckfire so were just rolling around in the intake ...
If you would like to buy the bits p.m me as you all know every thing aprt from the lpg ecu is new ..
Cheers for all the help maybe my next car will be running gas already
. Thanks again guys its been an interesting project ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22