LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ford V6 Conversion No2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:47 pm 

Well, my intention is to pop over to http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/tt-shop.html (blatant plug i know, but they have always been very helpful and always had what i needed), to see them and get some fuel tank straps

Edit; It would seem Tinleytech are no longer at their premises, unless its the same guys, but its now http://www.thelpgcentre.co.uk/index.html
Will find out monday as i need some parts

Am breaking it down into bite size chunks, as time fitting it will be limited

System is a BRC Sequent 56 Multipoint LPG injection system, which comprises of a fully Toroidal GZWM S.A. 63l tank, which will be mounted in the spare wheel well, filler will be mounted in the bumper. similar to Stripes, but i think it will be on the same side as the petrol filler
The vapouriser is an Italian Genius MB 1500 Sensore H20 OT which will be coupled to 2 banks of 3 injectors

Now i am hoping to 'Stealth' install this by installing the spuds (LPG jets) into the LIM as was in the kit supplied by Scunny, only thing is, the LIM Scunny supplied is the '98 version and i need '99 for dia. and injectors.
The LPG pipes i'm hoping to route around the UIM to the front of the engine, where the 2 banks of Solenoids will be mounted under the IMRC cover on the front of the engine, the IMRC will be relocated to underneath the battery tray, this will allow me to keep my shiny ST200 UIM and also fit the ST220 throttle body.

Well thats the plan, so will keep you all updated

(Taken from my original thread in UKCougar.com so you'll have to excuse some explanations lol)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 pm 

Well, managed to find Tinleytech lol :oops: and now have a nice shiny set of fuel tank straps.
Also have acquired an SVT LIM to get drilled and milled for the spuds, also waiting on a replacement engine loom, so i can do all of the wiring and just fit the loom complete (i like to do a proper job rather than some of the hatchet jobs i have seen)
Only problem so far is finding software and lead on a budget, cheapest so far on ebay is £99
So its slowly coming together 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 am 
Site Admin

you do know that a SVT LIM is the same as a ST200 LIM and that some late duratec v6's (170bhp) actually have this fitted straight from the factory? like mine for example :mrgreen:

did you check to see if it had 1 before you bought 1?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 am 

Yes lol, theres not much i dont know about these donkeys haha changed quite a few too :lol: i got a spare so i can drill etc then just swap over (curved top plastic loom on the injectors indicates larger bore LIM), also got an engine bay loom coming too, so will just be a case of swapping the loom out and fitting the gassed up LIM, i currently have the ST200 UIM and ST220 TB with a 57i so dont really want to drill the UIM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 am 
Site Admin

i drilled my UIM to start with and it ran like a bag of shite! some ppl have their drilled and it runs ok (maybe using straws?)

would it not have been cheaper to get a 200TB? its the same ID, more of them would be getting broken i'd imagine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:52 am 

If you use the 220 one it fits pretty much straight off without changing the throttle and CC cables, and i traded the 200 one for it lol as the 200 fits straight onto an auto, good news being in UKCougar as we get to try out all these tricks lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 am 
Site Admin

prefer TF personally, anyway get started and start posting pics :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 am 

Got a loom coming before the weekend hopefully, so may have a bash at some of it then, still gotta work out where everything goes so i get the stealth effect i'm after, CC servo has taken the place where the LPG ECU was located on the donor car already, so i fear some wiring extensions may be necessary lol hmmm why do we do these things :lol:

Just noticed got a few UKC members up your end of the world :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 am 

Havent managed to touch this yet, loom is still on its way.
Got a few friends over 11/12th so gonna fit the tank and towbar at the same time, as the exhaust and heat shields have to be removed for access to both, and the tank has 40L still in it, then its just sorting out the mess under the bonnet lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:21 pm 

Hi Guys, sorry its been a while but computer and job issues had taken preference over everything else i'm afraid.
Well i've managed to install the tank and relevant pipework through to the filler (in the bumper) and to the engine bay, solenoid is installed in the engine bay, as is the pressure reducer and spuds/solenoids into the Lower Inlet Manifold (That was a mission!!!!) I still have to pipe the solenoid/filter to the reducer and do the wiring to the vehicle ECU, but will hold off on that til i get software and lead just in case things go awry when i connect it all up, but watch this space as hoping to get it finished around xmas ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:20 pm 

Blimey didnt realise how long i been doing this lol

Anyways, got everything in now, reducer is under the battery tray, filter solenoid by the washer bottle, relocated the coil pack to front of the engine and fitted the LPG solenoids at the back, am aiming to repipe from solenoids to LIM and hide it all later but need to get it up and running due to a job change looming and 120mile round trip!!! so had another go last weekend at the wiring, got everything sussed out except the fact that where i splice into the ECU loom with the gas injector wires, I've got nothing to tell me which wire (Purple or orange) goes to the ECU and which goes to the gas injectors, does anyone know? Its a sequent 56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am 
Installer

Happy anniversay ;)

CougarV6 wrote:
I've got nothing to tell me which wire (Purple or orange) goes to the ECU and which goes to the gas injectors, does anyone know? Its a sequent 56

Neither. BRC use orange+purple pairs for petrol injector cuts. Orange is plussy and would normally go to the petrol injector minusy side, while purple is minusy and goes to the petrol ECU.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:45 am 

Nice one rossco, that answers my question thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:31 pm 

Flippin heck! This kit is fighting me all the bloody way!

Done all the splicing up at the weekend (Cheers Rossko) and managed to put power to it for the first time.............nothing.......nada.......zilch.......squat, whatever ya wanna call it it dint work! So checked all the fuses/connections/relays etc but nothing at the switch, apart from............well i dunno really, but when the fuel sloshes up n down in the tank, the red LED on the rhs (LPG side) it glows in time with it until it sells down then stays off........to say this is confusing me is an understatent, have any of you come across this before?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 pm 

As a non expert I wonder how much fuel is actually in the tank?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am 

About 40 litres, gonna have a play this weekend as got no tank level lights still.
Think maybe i have a fauly sender wire, as i didnt remove the kit from the donor vehicle i cant guarantee anything, so multimeter and hours of fun......not!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm 
Installer

BRC level lights are configurable in software, before you go tearing things down. You do have the software?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 pm 
Installer

Or is a typical BRC multivalve failing to do 1 of its 5 jobs?

LPG installer Anglesey North Wales

DIY LPG Kits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 pm 

Hi Guys, sorry been busy jobhunting amongst other things, right I've purchased a lead and drivers............yeah you guessed, no bloody software!!! Grrrr now i have a couple of programs for OBDII stuff, will these be compatible? or will i have to buy more? I also have access to a few more that a friend has, but will have to wait til i see him next. Sort of need this done now as chasing a job in Toulouse, so would be very handy if it was running, i think next time i'm just gonna buy a complete bloody kit cos this ones been an arse from the start

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

CougarV6 wrote:
Grrrr now i have a couple of programs for OBDII stuff, will these be compatible? or will i have to buy more?

nope, you'll need the BRC software, not sure if its available as a free download.