LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm 

Bugger, cheers John :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 pm 

Well I've finally got hold of a copy of the BRC software, so plugged in and........nuffink!!!
Lappy will not communicate with the ECU, getting a tad miffed with this now, to the point of possibly dumping the kit and going BiGas!!!! Mate installed his on a Maverick in 3 weeks, plugged it in, auto setup, job done!!! If anyone offers you a kit with no lead or disc, or you didnt see it running, dump it and buy new!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:51 pm 
Installer

Software for what? There are a dozen different BRC systems, all requiring different software, some requiring hardware dongles.

What message do you get?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm 

Sequent 56 NOT Fly SF
Managed to download lead drivers too, but still nowt, am wondering if ECU is goosed tbh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm 

Just says coupling attempt failed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 pm 
Advanced Member

Is the lead USB or serial? Only a USB lead would need drivers and you'll probably need to configure the com port in use too.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 pm 

USB Gilbert, it loaded up factory settings for the lead so i tried all ports and baud rates even tried with fastlink off, still no go

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 am 
Installer

Are there any lights on the S56 dashboard switch? Is it a BRC lead, a pattern part, or some generic USB lead adapted? Do you have the hardware dongle, or a hacked copy of the software?
It might be worth a visit to a BRC agent to establish that the host system is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:43 pm 

I reckon your right Rossko, just cash it at a premium right now, and yeah i know the savings outweigh it, but not if you havent got it.
Right, no lights on the dash switch unless the tank sloshes and the bottom bar glows in time with the gas moving about, the lead is off the bay, probly generic but it has the 3 lights on the inline box, and the software is this http://www.autogasetneo.be/en/webshop/a ... nt-56/2826
But still dont understand as I have installed drivers for the lead, unless the lead isnt compatible with the software...........

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:32 pm 

Seems it's back to the drawing board :(
Laptop fried itself, so got to source another one and try and reload or re purchase software again.......
BRC installers it would seem, just dont exist round here, tried a few now and getting further afield to the point of thinking about scrapping the BRC and going BiGas, at least Tinley are just down the road, and I'm getting cheesed off with chasing wires and pinouts on the fitted system and getting nowhere tbh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:06 pm 
Advanced Member

Might be better to go for a King. Same branded AEB ECU as the Bigas but will probably support more injectors, if you are lucky, yours.....

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:00 am 
Installer

BRC injectors are a bit special, more like Keihin or Hana than other makes. I don't think the King firmware gives a BRC option, but selecting Hana may be close enough.

BRC temperature/pressure sensors are a bit unique too, but if you bought a King kit it should come with an alternative pressure sensor, as well as dashboard switch etc. You'd need to source temp sensors on top, but that's do-able.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 pm 

Well i managed some pinout chasing today, and it would seem that I'm getting pretty much all the lives and earth's in the correct places (some of the values i'm unsure of, but most signal stuff is 5v, and some at 0.5v, so I'm taking a guess ok) and came to the conclusion, that it may well be the changeover switch, so one's on it's way. Still means i have to source a lappy and software, but that's easily doable now, just keeping my fingers crossed................