LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: FillMeWithLPG.co.uk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 am 

richard_ha wrote:
ghost123uk wrote:
Doh, I wanted to be the one to add the thousand'th one - was there a prize ? (free lpg for life ?)

If someones willing to stump up the money!

Just added #2000 .. good going everyone ..

I wonder how many there actually are, and how many have gone but still in the list .

Luckily I have a 450 mile range (In my Disco), so rarely need to fill up away from my local area, and often go through Gailey so usually (at time of this post) only(!!!) pay 62p/litre.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:21 pm 
Intermediate Member

the 2013 lpg map lists "over 1100" stations, although they don't list NI stations (I've added a fair number there over the few trips I've had that way but suspect there could be quite a few more - most of the lists on the web are very out of date for that part of the uk). Its rare I find a station on filllpg that doesn't exist anymore although i have found some (and deleted them where needed). It seems that very few of the garages that start selling lpg stop unless they close down or the equipment breaks in some way (the Lancaster north M6 services being one that i think has given up trying to get theirs fixed for example).

A few of the depot locations seem to come and go where the owner has changed and subsequently stops doing LPG for one reason or another so I'd suspect the current setup on filllpg is probably pretty accurate especially in the more built up areas. Hard to say really for sure though on stations where nothings been added price wise in a long time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:45 pm 

Good work everyone. That's 2000 stations added, but 1110 currently live. Some will have been test stations for deveopment, some will have been removed as they don't sell LPG any more, some will have been duplicates, etc.

I think we must have a pretty comprehensive list, everyone of the ones I passed in North Wales recently was on the site already and reasonably up to date. If only they'd put a station between my house and work!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:31 pm 

Help !

Why is the FillLPG website down at the moment ?
[url]
http://www.filllpg.co.uk/index.php?page=lpg.php [/url]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:00 pm 

Ooops, someone forgot to pay the bill :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm 

richard_ha wrote:
Ooops, someone forgot to pay the bill :oops:

Who funds it Richard?

Over on the VW T25 forum we sometimes have a (well supported) "whip round" and everyone chucks a couple of quid into their PayPal account to pay for the hosting costs. Just a thought, esp as your site is so very useful and good :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:51 pm 

Currently the site is funded from the donation button that's one there.

The donations over the last 2 years almost exactly covered the costs of the hosting and the domain.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:15 pm 

richard_ha wrote:
Currently the site is funded from the donation button that's one there.

Well as the site is nowt to do with me, I reckon I can post that link without breaking any rules of etiquette ;) = LINK to FillLPG website donations here

Come on folk, throw a few quid in to keep this valuable resource going, I just have Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:12 pm 

Thought this might be of interest to those of you who aren't folling us on Twitter or haven't liked our page on Facebook
https://twitter.com/filllpg
https://www.facebook.com/FillLPG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:15 pm 

Interesting stuff there Richard :)

My only local (non forecourt) supplier has such a low turnover of LPG he is still working off this Summers delivery prices :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 pm 

I'm still paying 63p/l, which is annoying when it's available for 40p/l huge price discrepancy across the UK. That like petrol being spread from £1/l to £1.58/l!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 pm 

I know what you mean :twisted: I am paying 71p and 40 miles away, in Stoke on Trent, I believe it is currently 39.9p. I haven't done the maths but it's a big difference on a 52Ltr tank full :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:52 pm 

I've updated the two near me that are wrong - Flogas NI headquarters - was down as 69.9m is actually now 59.9p, 10p cheaper than was previously noted. And it's 24h for the taxi drivers, and the staff are sound as a pound)
And Bangor Fuels, which is 63.9p as opposed to the 70p previously noted. Note that the tank is not at their main fuel depot, but about 400yds up the road, turn right, and it's the 3rd building along - near Fusco Car sales (owned by the same person).
Torgrange filling station, halfway between the two (which are only about 10 miles apart!), is still on 69.9p!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:11 pm 
Intermediate Member

camaro wrote:
I've updated the two near me that are wrong - Flogas NI headquarters - was down as 69.9m is actually now 59.9p, 10p cheaper than was previously noted. And it's 24h for the taxi drivers, and the staff are sound as a pound)
And Bangor Fuels, which is 63.9p as opposed to the 70p previously noted. Note that the tank is not at their main fuel depot, but about 400yds up the road, turn right, and it's the 3rd building along - near Fusco Car sales (owned by the same person).
Torgrange filling station, halfway between the two (which are only about 10 miles apart!), is still on 69.9p!

Are the pointers actually in the right place? It seems your suggesting they aren't quite right? I know the flogas one is as i've used it (added it as well for that matter!) when i was over there. I've always found the prices on lpg to have very little difference between stations when i've been there (but at least its easier to find them than on the other side of the border!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:58 pm 

Sorry, Brian - the pointer is actually in the right place - but I rarely use Bangor Fuels as I fill up at Flogas, cheaper and just down the road from work!
But Bangor Fuels have two places - one main one where you order LPG for a home tank, order coal, etc., and the head office which is just down the road. I pulled in to see if they still sold gas, but was told the LPG tank was just round the corner.
Not a major issue unless like me, you were running on fumes (literally!) in an old Grand Cherokee, which would only run on gas - and only on a hot engine!

Cheers,

Patrick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:13 pm 
Intermediate Member

At least you've got a few options in the general area of Belfast and nearby, The most remote place I had to find some over there was Eniskillen - the place shown there at the time didn't do it anymore, and hadn't for years previously, managed to find the other place only by chance (drove past on way in but it wasn't open at that time of the morning, so swang past on the way back instead and added it to the site). It doesn't look that far on the map, but its one of those places that takes you much longer to get to than you expect!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:05 pm 

Hehe, tell me about it - I have a hunting cabin near Enniskillen (Derrylin) - and it's near enough bang on 200 miles as a return trip, which happens to be about the maximum range of my Jeep on LPG. BUT, the cabin is on an island - and towing a boat knocks a lot off that (no cover for the boat, so it is like a huge airbrake).
So it's a case of "Stop at every station on the way down, and every station on the way back" and top up - there is a handy one in Dungannon (roughly half way between home and the island) but it is £££expensive£££, so I tend to stop at the cheaper ones. People look at you funny when you're driving a huge Grand Cherokee, but only putting in £6 of LPG to keep it brimmed!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:15 pm 
Advanced Member

I've done that more than once, stopped and bunged a fivers worth in at 55p or thereabouts, so I know I'll have enough to get me to a place where it's only 45p. My Range Rover runs on petrol so rarely that at least two of the petrol injectors are gummed up so it runs like a dog on petrol!

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:01 pm 
Intermediate Member

Gilbertd wrote:
I've done that more than once, stopped and bunged a fivers worth in at 55p or thereabouts, so I know I'll have enough to get me to a place where it's only 45p. My Range Rover runs on petrol so rarely that at least two of the petrol injectors are gummed up so it runs like a dog on petrol!

Had the same situation when i couldn't get any petrol into the galaxy (10p worth at a time due to the flap in the filler pipe not being seated correctly, and causing the pump to cut off) so filling the tank unless you found a pump that seemed to work with it was a right pain - ended up buying some extra long nose pliers and pulling offending bit of metal out as it was causing problems and its been fine since. Never helps with a lpg gauge that doesn't tell you anything helpful or accurate, but its been like that since i brought it 4 years ago and still haven't got round to fixing it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 am 
Installer

camaro wrote:
People look at you funny when you're driving a huge Grand Cherokee, but only putting in £6 of LPG to keep it brimmed!
Great promotion of LPG conversions, let those seeing you fill up believe you can do 200 miles on £6 of LPG :lol:
I know some of my customers find it satisfying to fill up with LPG alongside someone with the same model vehicle (be it a petrol or diesel model), particularly when it's a diesel and particularly when the other guy is comparing the litres versus pounds readings between the two pumps! Sometimes I've had the impression the other guy is aware of the savings running LPG but for whatever reason decided to opt for the diesel.. when you see them glancing at the pump readings it sometimes seems they're pretending not to be interested! Happens more often with some vehicles than others - I've pulled up alongside a diesel Alfa (is this a 'proper' Alfa?) in the same model Alfa (but petrol version) I just converted to LPG, no doubt a 'proper' Alfa and you know the other guy would rather be driving the proper one but compromised and bought the diesel. Now he gets to see how the petrol version he'd really like can be cheaper to run than his diesel but would rather not believe it. P38 RangeRovers - You pull up in a V8 with all the bells and whistles, guy beside is filling his lower spec 2.5 diesel P38, almost the same cost to run but it might spoil his day to allow that realisation to sink in!

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next