LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: LPG in or around Dover
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 am 

HI, i am travelling to France on Saturday morning, midday ferry, can anyone point me to cheap gas in or around Dover. i will be travelling m25, m20 to Dover and then onto the Vendee along the autoroutes, again if anyone can point out any 'exisiting' sites (the POI's i have on TT are not really accurate within the UK, so i dont know what they will be like in France LOL)

Best Wishes and thanks in anticipation

Dave

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:16 am 
Advanced Member

As you come into Dover from the west (as you will if you come in on the M20), there's a filling station with gas on the left about half a mile before you reach the port entrance. I think it's a Shell station so isn't the cheapest but it's worth a fill up before getting on the boat. Once in France, virtually all of the Autoroute filling stations have gas (GPL) available as do a lot of the supermarket stations which are cheaper. You will need an adapter to fill up over there but if you don't have one already, most stations will have one they will lend you and you can usually find them on the shelf in the filling station shop (and cheaper than buying one here).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm 
Advanced Member

If you go here http : //stations.gpl.online.fr/appli/index.php (and take the extra spaces out) there's a good route planner that shows all GPL stations along your chosen route. Under the Downloads tab you can also download a POI file that may be better than the one you have.