LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Price Increase?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 am 

Has anybody had a huge price increase locally on LPG now the increase in fuel duty has been applied? The prices have stayed the same locally for me, the lowest being 48.9ppl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:50 am 

this seems to happen each time the chancellor increases the price. Petrol shoots up overnight, gas slowly creeps up. Think the profit on the gas is so much that the stations can take it on the chin easily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:00 pm 

U/L went up 1ppl locally about 3 days before the 1st April hike and then another 2ppl on 1st April. The differential between UL and Super/Premium UL seems to be closing.

Gas seems to have just gone up by 2ppl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm 

the U/L here did the same and is up to 93.9ppl now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:49 pm 

Recieved a letter from countrywide today. As from 1 April RFD up by 2.025p/litre

Price now 44.4 p/litre ex VAT = 51.06 p/litre inc VAT @ 15% so the robbing Scot gets even more .. as RFD is charged BEFORE VAT .. so he gets RFD + VAT .. :(

Total increase 2.26 p/litre (48.8 to 51.06)

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 pm 

Unleaded all gone up by 2p/litre straight away but gas not increased at all round here - 43.3p/litre at Preston Calor Centre, 49.9p/litre at Booths Supermarket, Millbrook Way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:28 am 

it appears to me that forcourts that sell Flogas have increased prices by 2ppl, where as those that sell Calor (Shell) have not increased yet! Not sure on BP as there is none locally!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:23 pm 
There are 5 or 6 BP garages selling LPG within 20 miles of me. All of them raised their LPG prices by about 2p when the petrol duty increased. None of the other garages in the area followed suit so BP are now at least 3p dearer than all other LPG suppliers in my area.

In a shocking display of greed, BP's price at Westbridge in Northampton rocketed up to 60.9p at the same time. Two miles away at Shell, it's 50.9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:06 pm 
Calor Barnsley upped their prices from 41.9 to 44.9 two weeks ago.

Ahem, they could not see why I no longer wanted to be an account customer with them...

Jet on Burton Road and Jet on Pogmoor Road both in Barnsley have reduced theirs from 46.9 to 43.9 - guess who gets my hard earned monies now?

Morrisons Kirkstall Savins Mill Way Leeds is at 44.9 but in Morrisons Barnsley it is 46.9 :roll:

If you want to 'pay' for your fuel then go see these money :evil: grabbing :twisted: gits:

Sun Garage
Cottingley Road
Bingley

65p per litre - is this the most expensive LPG outlet in the whole of the UK?

Unleaded is only 90.9ppl here and they claim to be the cheapest in South Yorkshire too:

TCS Stubley
Stubley Lane
Sheffield

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14 am 
Calor Gas Barnsley is back to 41.9ppl.

Update on Jet on Burton Road approx' 1 mile before them and Jet on Pogmoor Road, near the hospital and town centre.

Both of these franchised Jet outlets remain at 43.9ppl.

Greedy Morrison’s are still at 46.9ppl.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 am 

2CR51 wrote:
Greedy Morrison’s are still at 46.9ppl.

Greediness is all relative really. I paid 44.9ppl this morning in Morrisons in Spalding, after I'd wound my eyes back into my head. :shock:

Everyone else locally is charging at least 50.9ppl so that's a bargain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:20 pm 

called up my local Calor dealer today. 58.7ppl! They are having a laugh right! The most expensive forecourt around here is 52.9ppl and the cheapest is 48.9ppl!

Makes me wonder considering they supply Shell who is selling at 50.9ppl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 pm 

Every business pays different prices for the gas, they have different costs for their premises and have invested different amounts to be able to sell the gas.
A skid mounted tank with manual meter may cost the retailer £3-4000. An underground tank system as found at many of the large BP sites would have cost £150,000 or more. Typical forecourt installations are £30-40,000. This will mean that many BP outlets cannot afford to sell at the same margin as a small retailer. Remember they also need to recover £150,000 of hardware cost within the lifetime of the equipment.

If the likes of BP and Shell did not make the investment, there would be no refuelling network and we would all be driving on diesel at £1.06 p/litre.
Remember how much you are saving and don't worry about the price being a couple of pence cheaper at one place or another. Look at the big picture. You are saving hundreds or thousands of pounds a year, 4p/litre cheaper means a typical saving of £2 for a 50 litre fillup. Is it really worth driving the extra distance, then queing up longer to save that £2? :?

All the lpg outlets need your support. If one has a higher price than another, their sales go down. One day they will decide it is not worth spending that £2000 having their pump repaired/serviced and will just take it out.
Do you think the neighbours who had all your business will keep their prices low when their competition has gone?

We have a skid mounted system with a manual meter so it is attended service during working hours only. I would love to put in a pay at the pump sytem so you can buy the gas 24 hrs but how many litres of gas do I need to sell at 5p/litre margin to recover the £30,000 cost of the equipment and don't forget the 2%card processing fees....... :roll:

Those people trying to sell at 60p plus are just crazy. No sales means no return on investment.

Why was there 15p/litre difference between unleaded and diesel last year and now it is only 2p? Where's the rip-off?

This is my view and I have not had any brown envelopes from BP or anyone else for that matter (but will welcome any donations :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:46 pm 
the reason the price diference betwen U/L and diesel has shrank, is fairly simple.

the Indian and chinese car markets re taking off very very quickly, the cars are 90% petrol so they are selling more petrol on the whole sal market - big deman little supply then huge price.

iesl however has a fairly steady demand/supply curve. diesel hasn't risen on the wholesale markets for a few months now- hene it stays the same at 99.9 ( well by me )