LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:31 am 
Re: BP on the A27/A23 in Brighton

I get daily updates from PetrolPrices.com and I got a price for my local BP saying it was 46.9p (only two LPG in Brighton, and both are BP)

The thing is that BP has been 54.9 for weeks but petrolprices said it was updated on the 17th. I know there is occasionally a penny or so discrepancy, but 46.9 to 54.9 is quite a jump!

There is a forum post from last year that someone was getting loyalty discount for that particular BP, so I wondered if that was affecting he it. Something about a penny per litre off for every 30 litres bought.

Is anyone still getting a discount there, as they told me there was no such discount, only Nectar points

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 pm 

Daniel,

I visited that garage on Friday night as I was visiting family on the coast all weekend and I've not managed to find many garages selling LPG in the Portsmouth area. The discount cards are still behind the counter because I had mine replaced after the wife trod all over the old one! I'm now up to about 4ppl discount! Just ask again when you go in... It's called the LPG discount accumulator I believe and goes as far as a discount of 10ppl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:16 pm 

Why does a major filling chain restrict such offers to certain towns or parts of the country?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:54 pm 

At a guess, because my local bp has never heard of the discount, i'd say because the promotion is being run by the owner of that particular filling station and not by bp as a whole. It's a shame because it would save me a fortune!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:12 pm 

I don't get *ANY* LPG prices from PetrolPrices anymore. The daily eMail contains no price information at all, when I know there are busy LPG stations in the area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:59 pm 
I sent petrolprices.com (PP) an email just about this subject a few months ago.

Their reply was 'the data we use is collated from fuel cards' so we only show stations that accept such.

Sad thing is, there are many private operators out there that just serve small communities and it is these that are often a lot cheaper than the big boy's are.

I have found a LPG pump at Mapleton l just outside of Hull at 44.9p but it does not even show on the PP site. This is one of those small family run service/community store/small car show room retail outlets and all of the fuels here retail at a loss less than the main outlets in the area.

Last edited by 2CR51 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:10 pm 
Intermediate Member

nah.. forget petrol prices dot com

Put your small lpg filling station on the map here

http://www.whatgas.com/petrol-prices/lpg-prices.aspx

I've been updating the ones along the north wales coast ..cheapest is Asda queensferry at 45.9...
OR there is a one cheaper still, way off the beaten track in a saltney ferry industrial estate at 45

all the best.mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:36 pm 

MarkJones wrote:

Just had my first look at that site, it shows petrol stations that don't sell gas with a gas price of 55p for LPG ??? Why is that?
When you update prices, there should be a tick box next to LPG to indicate station does not sell LPG. <<< Sent my suggestion to webmaster, aswell as suggested the 'info' should be a little more descriptive and user editable to add comments like
"24/7 unmanned automated account holders only, no cash sales"
opening hours etc etc

Anyhoo, I'll do my best to update the local prices here and add a station they don't have.

What price should I put when it it two tiered? 44p for pre pay £100 or more 46p for pre pay less than £100 ??? And they don't do cash sales at all.

Last edited by Rosanbo on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:21 pm 
Intermediate Member

Rosanbo wrote:
MarkJones wrote:

Just had my first look at that site, it shows petrol stations that don't sell gas with a gas price of 55p for LPG ??? Why is that?
When you update prices, there should be a tick box next to LPG to indicate station does not sell LPG.

Anyhoo, I'll do my best to update the local prices here and add a station they don't have.

What price should I put when it it two tiered? 44p for pre pay £100 or more 46p for pre pay less than £100 ??? And they don't do cash sales at all.

Thats just idiots ..updating the wrong stations ..

if its wrong email the webmaster and she will correct it .

also ........if the stations in the wrong place ...........go to google earth and get the co-ordinates ...and email the webmaster ..and it will be corrected .Ive done this .................and the webmaster has done the job ...but sadly a tosser keeps coming along and putting in petrol and diesel prices on an LPG station only in bagilt north wales....so its not fool proof.

i don't know how youre going to implement the two tier price structure ...........i would just put a price in the middle ...to give an average.

you also want to update the prices every week or so ..even if the price has not changed ...so people know they are looking at an up to date price .

all the best.markj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:38 pm 
I stopped taking the information from petrolprices.com some months ago due to inconsistent & correct information being provided by them.

I asked why this was happening and the emailed response was they can only relay the information they collate via fuel card sales.

This is the same reason why not all petrol stations are on their website.

For petrolprices.com to include them, they have to accept fuel card as well as cash or credit/debit card transactions too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:49 am 

we use that BP garage on the outskirts of Brighton weekly, sure the price you saw online was with the accumulator discount taken off. And yes it does go up to 10ppl discount, when I send the misses in to pay they often tick a couple of boxes at a time so soon on to the lower prices

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:40 pm 
jalfrezigazee wrote:
we use that BP garage on the outskirts of Brighton weekly, sure the price you saw online was with the accumulator discount taken off. And yes it does go up to 10ppl discount, when I send the misses in to pay they often tick a couple of boxes at a time so soon on to the lower prices

I went in there today and got the discount sheet - A5 sheet with 10 stamps on it. Every time you put at least 30 litres in, you save 1ppl on the next fill. What I didn't know is whether once you've filled your card and got 10ppl off, do you then start again, or keep using that card forever?

Hoping that jalfrezigazee has the answer!