LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:46 pm 
Hi

I am part of a motorhome forum with members across the UK and many of us are thinking of having a conversion to lpg.

Would you all do me a favour please and let us know the current price of LPG in your area.

Unless there is a free online resource to find this? (only ones I can find cost to join).

Thanks in advance !!

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm 
Needs a free registration but this site works o.k.

I dont think you can really go by areas anyway as individual prices vary so much. You can easily get 10p a litre variations.

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:18 pm 

Couple of petrol stations in my area have fallen back below the £1. litre mark today (99.9). Now I wonder when the local lpg retailers will be making an adjustment. Am holding breath........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:54 am 

Good news hopefully then dave. Petrol in this area is still in the region of 105 with lpg at 57. Hopefully we'll see these reductions too!

Post subject: stoke on trent
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:14 pm 
went to gt gas lanehead road etruria today . 46.8ppl plus free weekly rafle to win £10 of fuel

mon fri 8 - 5:30 sat 9 - 12 cards accepted.

big name service station 500y up the road 51.9ppl or 10%

friendly service aswell.[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:53 am 

Hi,

I find prices vary quite abit around the country.

Locally the prices vary from 56.9 to 51.9 so it always pays to shop around.

There are quite a few ways to find out the prices, however I have found most of them innacurate or at best slow to update price changes.

I would recommend the go-autogas site as well.

And the map they sell is very good. There are other sources you will find via google that give you locations too.

Good luck.

Andy

Post subject: Skoda38
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:15 pm 
Thanks for the nice mention we do appreciate it.
Incidentally and just for the record the fuel at GT Gas Distribution Ltd is Premium Grade, we do not have fuel related problems even after 25 million miles of consumption, it is a full system treatment and does exactly what it says on the tin.
What amazes me is that people pay a lot of money for their cars and anything up to £2500 for a conversion, then go and look for the cheapest gas they can find, it costs in the end. I also notice a discussion about dirty fuel and why the LPGA do nothing about it, well the answer is simple; repairers get a nice little earner from cleaning vaporizers and injectors, that’s why they often lie about our fuel. Boy have we heard some lies.
For more info please go to:

http://www.energyadditives.com

Best regards to all
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:47 pm 
Around the 60-62 mark, it varies alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:04 am 

When the next budget rise kicks in some time in April, any one finding gas at 58p a lt is going to be grateful !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:22 am 

45p in Manchester

East Manchester, Ashton-Under-Lyne, just off M60 J23, BP 45.9 OL7 0DA
Cheshire Gas, Ashton_Under_lyne, 45p cash only OL6 6UT

Hopefully this link will show details, if not put in Ashton-Under-Lyne in
www.lpgmap.co.uk

http://www.lpgmap.co.uk/map.php?lat=53. ... 239&error=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:06 pm 

Found myself in Ashton today, so called in at Cheshire gas.

What does it tell us about lpg retailing in this country when a some one can pump it out at 45p a ltr and make a profit whilst the robbing barstewards in North Yorkshire are demanding an extra ELEVEN PENCE per litre.( 56.9)

Support this man , detour a few miles out of your way if you need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:20 pm 
dave Im glad u have finally found gas at that price - im still paying 44p a litre though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 am 

Dave
Here is another one just off the M66, near Bury, this looks like a diversion from the M60 but it is only just off the M66 so it's only a short diversion.
Come off M66 at J2, head towards Heyward and it's on the left, Green gates opposite petrol station, less than 100 yards from motorway. Not been for a month or so but was same price as cheshire gas last time I visited.

Don't go to the shell listed on the map as it's not there any more

http://www.lpgmap.co.uk/map.php?lat=53. ... 519&error=

BL9 7HT

I am not so sure Cheshire Gas are quite as genuine as you believe. When everyone else was putting their prices up to 49.9 CG put the price up to 48p, thinking that the local BP station would also raise prices, for some reason BP have left their prices at 45.9, which meant CG had to drop back to 45p
but as you say lets support them while the price is low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 pm 

At least it's a tiny bit of competition in a business that stinks of collusion and cartel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:10 pm 

Morrisons in St Helens have wacked their gas up today from 49.9 to 52.9, followed hours later by the local independent supplier.
With the Chancellors 2p plus Vat to go on in a few weeks time, my Disco 11 is now up for sale. Those of you who think the stuff is so wonderful can find full details in the appropriate section of this forum later in the week. back to dirty diesel for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 am 

No, as I understand it, 1.5 p per ltr vat is going on Pet / Derv. 2.5p plus vat on LPG. As I have pointed out before, Brown as Chancellor declared he wished to narrow the duty differential between LPG and other fuels and to do this, would be increasing duty on LPG by one penny more than the amount for other fuels in order to achieve this.

This govt has no interest in promoting any type of clean fuel. Ask the bio diesel people what they think of his increasing of duty on their products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 pm 

Morrisons in Blackpool has raised their prices from 49.9p to 53.9p.

I have only had an LPG car since June 2007, but this is the first time I have known it be more than half the price of unleaded petrol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:59 pm 

If you look at the Morrisons increase, it equates to about 13.5p a gallon. Now imagine if the newspapers carried the headline ' Pet to increase by 13.5p a gallon from midnight " There would be an outcry and nashing of teeth. However, the same increase in LPG doesn't warrant a single inch of space in our newspapers, let a lone a mention on the TV news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:00 pm 

Hi Dave

If you get a diesel; does that mean you'll leave this forum???? If yes, would someone for goodness sake buy his motor.

kiltyhill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:07 pm 

My inability to sell a well looked after, top of the range Discovery 11 with £2,000 worth of LPG kit on it, lower than average mileage and at a price well below book, tells me all I need to know about the state of the LPG industry. Seems every one has now learnt that converting V8's is now a nonsense with LPG retailing at 60p a ltr in Yorkshire. Hands up all those who pooh poohed me a few months back when I said it would reach this figure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next