LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Flogas Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:54 pm 

Bit of an odd question, but has anyone filled up at the Flogas depot in Cross Green industrial estate in Leeds? I normally fill up at the Jet near Crown Point, but it's not working at the moment (and is a bit pricy to be honest), however there's a serious lack of LPG filling stations near my route from central Leeds out of the city eastwards. Is this perhaps due to the presence of Flogas in this area?

I guess what I'm asking is, can anyone just rock up and fill their tank and pay by card at Flogas or do you need an account? It's a bit of detour to get there from my usual rush hour battle so I don't want to waste my time going there to find out that it's not open to the general public.

2008 Volkswagen Caravelle (Diesel)

Post subject: Re: Flogas Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:25 pm 

Give them a ring - 0800 574 574 or 0800 574 574

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 am 
Advanced Member

I would think it's the same as any other Flogas depot. I use the one in Peterborough and have used the one in Leicester when I've been over that way too. Turn up, fill and then pay on debit card in the office. At Peterborough they used to come out and fill up for you as they had no way of knowing how much you'd put in, but now they have a display in the office so don't need to. Currently 47p per litre too.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:28 pm 

Excellent - I'll give it a go if the Leeds traffic allows :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:47 pm 
Intermediate Member

Every depot I've used Flogas or Calor will allow anyone to pull in and fill, some as Gilbertd says don't have a display in the office to show what the pump says so will either fill for you or come out and check. The only issue really with filling at them is their opening hours as they tend to be 9-5 operations and most aren't open at the weekends.

If the Jet station you mean is the one that was Murco I've found that one is usually best avoided as its expensive and frequently not working, though its not somewhere I've been past recently.

Is the BP on Harehills lane anywhere near your route? (its on http://www.filllpg.co.uk/index.php?page=lpg.php&stationid=1349 )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:09 am 
Installer

I've filled there before, Bri.

A customer the other day reckoned there's a place in Doncaster, around the back of a carpet warehouse apparently, that sells LPG around 40ppL... When I get a minute I might rack my brains / research / try to remember what was said or who the customer was to call them back about this!

Price is creeping up otherwise, but while LPG is around 50ppL and petrol 120ppL we're still onto a massive winner. Bring on 140ppL for petrol :lol:

Gets me how government reckoned diesel was environmentally friendly. go out and buy a diesel we'll charge you less taxes... Works good for us using LPG too. For :LPG there are many truths in envoronmentally firendly, but for diesel, not... So the price should now ramp up? That would make sense and be good.

Simon

2 miles A1, 8 miles M62,
http://www.Lpgc.co.uk
Twitter https://twitter.com/AutogasSimon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 pm 

Brian, Harehills isn't really on the way sadly. I live just south of Selby and work in central Leeds. So my route out is either M621/M62 (if the traffic is actually moving) or more often A61/A63 through the edge of Cross Green. Hence the Flogas place isn't too much of a detour. I finish at 4:30 on a Friday so should be able to get there before they close hopefully.

The Jet is the one with the really noisy pump and two propane tanks on the A61 near Crown Point, 59.9p a litre at the moment. Not the cheapest, but I do drive past it every day. Otherwise I fill up in Selby where it's 56.9p at the moment. For the last 10 years I worked across the road from Asda on Monks Cross in York so was a bit spoilt with their nicely priced LPG and also chance to get shopping done on the way home, with no traffic problems either. Central Leeds is not really a great place for cars - think I might change to using the train...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 pm 
Intermediate Member

rich r wrote:
Brian, Harehills isn't really on the way sadly. I live just south of Selby and work in central Leeds. So my route out is either M621/M62 (if the traffic is actually moving) or more often A61/A63 through the edge of Cross Green. Hence the Flogas place isn't too much of a detour. I finish at 4:30 on a Friday so should be able to get there before they close hopefully.

The Jet is the one with the really noisy pump and two propane tanks on the A61 near Crown Point, 59.9p a litre at the moment. Not the cheapest, but I do drive past it every day. Otherwise I fill up in Selby where it's 56.9p at the moment. For the last 10 years I worked across the road from Asda on Monks Cross in York so was a bit spoilt with their nicely priced LPG and also chance to get shopping done on the way home, with no traffic problems either. Central Leeds is not really a great place for cars - think I might change to using the train...

Its the same one I was thinking of then, was still Murco last time I was there! I find Leeds is not a good place to drive, their road system seems to have been designed by someone who didn't actually know how roads/cars worked. Thankfully I don't end up there often.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 pm 
Intermediate Member

LPGC wrote:
I've filled there before, Bri.

A customer the other day reckoned there's a place in Doncaster, around the back of a carpet warehouse apparently, that sells LPG around 40ppL... When I get a minute I might rack my brains / research / try to remember what was said or who the customer was to call them back about this!

Price is creeping up otherwise, but while LPG is around 50ppL and petrol 120ppL we're still onto a massive winner. Bring on 140ppL for petrol :lol:

Gets me how government reckoned diesel was environmentally friendly. go out and buy a diesel we'll charge you less taxes... Works good for us using LPG too. For :LPG there are many truths in envoronmentally firendly, but for diesel, not... So the price should now ramp up? That would make sense and be good.

Simon

Its not so much the price going up as the stations disappearing. Though at the present time Toddington services on the m1 is cheaper than all of the 3 local stations here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:59 pm 

Left work at 4:30pm, and I found the Jet is still out of order (62.9p too), and I failed to get to Cross Green before 5pm, so it looks like I'll be filling up in Selby tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:45 am 

Brian_H wrote:
Every depot I've used Flogas or Calor will allow anyone to pull in and fill, some as Gilbertd says don't have a display in the office to show what the pump says so will either fill for you or come out and check. The only issue really with filling at them is their opening hours as they tend to be 9-5 operations and most aren't open at the weekends.

If the Jet station you mean is the one that was Murco I've found that one is usually best avoided as its expensive and frequently not working, though its not somewhere I've been past recently.

Is the BP on Harehills lane anywhere near your route? (its on http://www.filllpg.co.uk/index.php?page=lpg.php&stationid=1349 )

The Flogas depot near me is open 24/7 - but outside office hours you have to have exact change (and cash only), as the guys who write the invoices don't have access to the till!
Tough enough to stick in £20 exactly...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:47 pm 
Intermediate Member

Going back to the OP's post, I noticed this station popped up as being deleted on the filllpg app, so it may not be doing autogas anymore?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:35 pm 

I never seem to remember to try the Flogas place, but the Jet came back to life - along with a 5p cut in price. It's now cheaper than in Selby, but still very, very slow!

It's a little academic now anyway as I'm no longer driving to Leeds but getting the train instead. I've lost my free carparking in Leeds city centre, and so the train works out cheaper and easier :)