LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: Moving to Ireland 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:24 pm 

Sorry probably should have read the headers before posting my question in the wrong area ! :oops:

I wonder if someone may be able to advise me on the availability of LPG in West Ireland Co Mayo area as I am moving over in the not so distant future and would like to know if it is a viable option to take my LPG converted vehicle ?
all the sites I've searched through Google are not up to date and rather vague, other people I've spoken to have said it is a mare and go diesel !!

Any advice gratefully received as I don't really want to swap the engine :(

Also posted in general discussion like a shmuck :?

Those Who Talk Don't Know, Those Who Know Don't Talk.

Post subject: Re: Moving to Ireland 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:39 pm 
Intermediate Member

I don't think it will matter too much which area you've put it in out of the two - its got more chance being seen in general anyway!.

I've only ever been to Northern Ireland over there, and found generally that its easy to find around Belfast, and much less common elsewhere, but can still be found. With the exception of one pump in the docks area at flogas the rest were on or next to forecourt sites, and supplied either by calor or flogas. Theres very little competition on price though (check http://www.filllpg.co.uk to see what i mean)

http://www.flogas.ie/autogas/ shows you a map of their outlets - it might be worthwhile phoning round a few near your intended area and asking them directly if they sell it, and get an idea of how much if they will tell you

The map on the calor site doesn't seem to work properly.

http://www.alternativefuelcompany.co.uk/Autogas%20Stations%20in%20NI.html < This list is horrorifically out of date (and despite the title has stations in ROI as well).

Its also worth noting that the ACME filler is used there if you aren't already aware, so an adaptor or filler change needs consideration, but could always be done later.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 am 

Thanks for your reply, useful links I'll save them for future reference and update them when I've got tyres on the ground. :D

Those Who Talk Don't Know, Those Who Know Don't Talk.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:07 am 
Intermediate Member

FWIW

I'm over in Ireland at the moment, and petrol is more expensive than diesel at present (€1.49 typical petrol price, €1.39 typical diesel). LPG is about but not seen it in any filling stations just man and tank setups so far around Dublin with prices around €0.80/litre. Have emailed Richard and hes said its fine to add any stations found to filllpg (i've been leaving price blank and just adding it as a note for the moment).

Didn't find any on route to/from Belfast though until north of the border. People i've spoken to when filling seem to say its available in most places.