LPG Forum

All times are UTC

Post subject: LPG POIs for TomTom
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:51 pm 

It's been about four years since I updated my TomTom maps and all my POIs but, as luck would have it, I've not been travelling as much so it's not been a problem. However, my old TT GO700 has now died a death and I've just got a good used TomTom GO1005 from Ebay.

Obviously, I now want to update my four-year old POIs to go with the nice, shiny, new, up-to-date maps, so does anyone know where I can download LPG filling station POIs in TT format for the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia please?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: LPG POIs for TomTom
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:41 pm 
Advanced Member

For the UK, go to Richards site, www.filllpg.co.uk, For Europe try here http://www.gas-tankstellen.de/menu.php?jump=download (go to the bottom of the page and use the Google translate drop down to change it to English).

France is never a problem, all motorway services and most of the supermarkets sell it. Belgium has plenty of stations and is cheaper than France (and UK) and Holland has plenty of stations and uses the same filler as us. My experience with Germany was about 1 in 3 motorway station have LPG, so not as good as the other countries and you'll also need an Acme screw thread adapter (you'll need that in parts of Belgium too although some stations have different fillers on different pumps, Italian cup and another, either Acme or bayonet). You won't need a PIO file for Poland, every filling station sells it along with most farmhouses too. In Poland you are never more than a couple of miles away from a source of GPL!

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:51 pm 
Intermediate Member

Gilbertd wrote:
France is never a problem

Apart from if you're nowhere near a motorway, it's 5 past 7 and all the supermarket filling stations have reverted to pay at pump only! That's the only time we've had to resort to the sat nag though. Can't remember where we got our POI file from, but it was some guy who'd basically downloaded all the LPG directories he could find, combined them into one file, then done a rudimentary job of filtering out duplicates. So if some have slightly different co-ordinates, it shows maybe 10 filling stations within a few feet of each other :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:50 pm 

Ta very muchly guys, much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:39 pm 

Be interested to know if the TomTom files work from my site. I've had reports of problems, but I've not got anything to test them on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 pm 
Intermediate Member

Yes, they do on my Tom Tom One, but not updated for a year or so.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:44 pm 
Intermediate Member

Working fine on my TT IQ routes and updated every week near enough. I think some of the problems may be with the newer ones though as I gather they are a bit harder to get poi files onto (something to do with TT not providing direct access to the filesystem AFAIK). Can test any files you want on mine if it helps?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 am 

richard_ha wrote:
Be interested to know if the TomTom files work from my site. I've had reports of problems, but I've not got anything to test them on.

I've downloaded them Richard but not had chance to load them onto the TT yet - I'll let you know as soon as I can.