LPG Forum

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am 

anyone know what is happening to flogas in coventry/birmingham? went to flogas in birmingham just off junction 5 of the m6 last week to fill up only to find the tank gone. i asked a worker there and he said they hadnt had autogas for two years! strange that as i had filled up there 4 months ago. i went to the coventry branch and they had a note on the pump saying no gas until further notice. i emailed flogas friday but they have not replied. just wondering if they are about to go bust? thanks in advance for any info, paul :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 pm 
Intermediate Member

If they operate like most of Calor appear to its actually franchised. Could be any of a number of reasons but TBH if your around the birmingham area theres plenty of choice of stations elsewhere. I think premier lpg are based round that way and supply alot of them so maybe its just that flogas have decided its not profitable for them to continue in that area. if your using http://www.filllpg.co.uk then it would be useful to remove the no-longer existing stations. If your not using it as yet its well worth a look anyway!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:44 am 

thanks for the reply. i live on the northside of coventry and there are very few stations supplying lpg in the city. flogas is central and was 5p per litre cheaper than morrisons and the murco garage on the otherside of the city. the birmingham one was near to where i work and was handy for me on shifts. there is a flogas in bulkington but they want 90p per litre,= i dont think so!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:32 am 
Intermediate Member

I'd have a look at the website I mentioned above - there looks to be a couple more options you haven't mentioned in Coventry.

I've used Birmingham autogas and spring hill autogas both are usually around 60p/l (cheaper if you prepay and 24h access). Birmingham autogas isn't that far from the flogas in Birmingham thats apparently closed as well.

Also good to update prices to help others out if you can. Theres even apps for windows and andriod phones if you prefer rather than the web site.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:57 pm 

this post was deleted by the author using an autoscrub routine.

Now in a Honda.

Last edited by mondeoman on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:04 pm 
Advanced Member

My local Flogas depot (Peterborough) has an Autogas pump and is the cheapest in the area. I know they supply a local Co-op owned Texaco filling station and maybe a few more too.

'97 Range Rover 4.0SE, eGas multipoint, a project.....

Proud to be a member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 pm 

Flogas in Coventry is alive and well. I go there every week, current price is 59.9p.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 pm 
Intermediate Member

Quite a few of the coop/Texaco branded forecourts are supplied by flogas other than those - i don't think I've come across any that aren't - certainly Cirencester, Cardiff, strensham services on the m5 and all the mrh branded sites (the ones that give that autogas accumulator card out) all are flogas. I've also seen one of flogas's branded tankers in the southbound toddington services area so do wonder if the sudden price drop they have had over the last 6 months is due to them not being supplied by BP anymore or just coincidence.

Maybe thats got a lot to do with why some of the depots appear to be dropping it, as the opening hours aren't always convenient by nature unless they have those pay at pump options. Plus a lot of people just don't like that kind of setup for whatever reason (personally if its cheaper i'll use it when possible).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:48 pm 

hi i am in south derbyshire and flogas supplies most of the normal stations round here, the cheapest as usual is asda at 64p the rest are around 71 to 76p, so i save around 3£ 60p a fillup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:25 pm 

I think they may be moving away from direct retailing, or at least in areas where there is competition. The FloGas Depot in Spalding that was 100 yards from Morrisons closed and was replaced by a plant hire business up the road that now sells it.